'New 2 Me' - 30s Landeron Hahn SS Monopusher
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: 'New 2 Me' - 30s Landeron Hahn SS Monopusher

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi - I haven't grabbed any watches for probably 3 months but I saw this Postala 30s Monopusher with an original dial, and SS case which looks in very good shape.

My Eberhard monopushers (4) are all Valjioux 65 movements so it seemed nice to get a Landeron Hahn movement which I guess is the other major chrono, monopusher ebauche used for Chronographs in the 20s and 30s.

This watch is also a good size at 40 mm - I don't know much about Postala but they were listed in Mirolisk.

To me this is a nice watch with some very nice vintage patina and what look like original blued steel hands along with Breguet numerals.

This vintage example adds to my early, single button chronograph collection because 20-50s chronos generally is a key vintage segment I collect -- Cheers - happy to hear comments, SDA

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sdasurrey; July 26th, 2015 at 14:42.
    radger, mkws, bobbee and 13 others like this.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

Re: 'New 2 Me' - 30s Landeron Hahn SS Monopusher

Don't know the brand Postala but that is a great looking chrono.

Looks to be in very nice condition too, 40mm is big for that time.

Nice one
    Sdasurrey and bobbee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by radger View Post
    Don't know the brand Postala but that is a great looking chrono.

Looks to be in very nice condition too, 40mm is big for that time.

Nice one
    Thanks Radger - it is a more esoteric brand and I don't tend to delve deep for something less well known but the movement is well known and it did seem in great shape so I jumped ! Cheers as always, Scott

'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One other thing I would add - I haven't purchased anything from this seller - who has a good inventory and solid feedback - but they provided a short video of the chronograph working, turning over at one minute on the sub dial and also showing the watch movement working with the case back off which in my experience is pretty rare for eBay sellers so that adds some to 'transparency' for a vintage watch. SDA

bobbee and Apollonaught like this.

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Great watch Scott, lovely looking dial that has mellowed and gained beauty with age.
    Cool piece, good find!

Cheers, Bob.
    Sdasurrey likes this.

Nice pick up Scott.
    I would stick with this seller(their getting harder to find).The hands have turned a nice plum color and really suit the watch.The crystal and bezel design is interesting too,low profile,and will wear well with a suit,enjoy.Is that a copper ring for the minute track?
    Sdasurrey likes this.
    "There are many paths leading up the mountain,but the view from the top is the same."

Quote Originally Posted by Apollonaught View Post
    Nice pick up Scott.
    I would stick with this seller(their getting harder to find).The hands have turned a nice plum color and really suit the watch.The crystal and bezel design is interesting too,low profile,and will wear well with a suit,enjoy.Is that a copper ring for the minute track?
    Thanks ! I don't think it's copper - I think it's all painted but I just purchased it and it will ship to my sister in California and then I will pick it up in the Fall when I go, cheers, SDA

Last edited by Sdasurrey; July 26th, 2015 at 17:57.
    Apollonaught likes this.

Nice one. So much distinctive '30s; the small sub-dials, the chrono button shape and its positioning closed to the lugs. Congrats.

40mm Which caliber is this from Landeron? Maybe 13.75 or 14 lignes?
    Sdasurrey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Emre View Post
    Nice one. So much distinctive '30s; the small sub-dials, the chrono button shape and its positioning closed to the lugs. Congrats.

40mm Which caliber is this from Landeron? Maybe 13.75 or 14 lignes?
    Like this ? Thanks Emre ! SDA

Emre likes this.

Thanks Scott. So it's Landeron 25?

These early Landeron Hahn movements are so diversified,I can't make it out.Had one also in earlier days, Landeron 32, but was just 32mm. If it would have been 40, it would be still with me. Size matters sometimes :)
    Sdasurrey likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information