New AL&S Pocket join the collection... Please help me with more details... + 1 Vintage Doxa

Thread: New AL&S Pocket join the collection... Please help me with more details... + 1 Vintage Doxa

New AL&S Pocket join the collection... Please help me with more details... + 1 Vintage Doxa

Hi All,
    I Just got a great deal today on A. Lange & Sohne Pocket watch 14K Solid Gold
    I Was looking over the Internet and found that the movement was created on ~1920 but the models I found using this movements are bit different.

Can you please tell me more about the history of that piece?

In addition, I have the Doxa you can see aside, Anti Magnetic, Mechanical that I don`t know that much other then it should be arround 1950 (not sure)..

Pictures:

Thank you very much!! :)

Idan

Re: New AL&S Pocket join the collection... Please help me with more details... + 1 Vintage Doxa

Stupid question, but is the front bezel missing? Your serial number of 546534 isn't showing up anywhere I look. The book I have has 100k at around 1940.

Re: New AL&S Pocket join the collection... Please help me with more details... + 1 Vintage Doxa

Hi Ron,

I guess it is 540534, and this would date the watch to ca. 1934. The OLIW watches were the attemt to establish in the medium grade/price area, with totally about 7800 samples made within 28 years no real success.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Ron and Roland,
    First thanks for the details, Its like Roland said, 540 not 546..
    Same as Ron, I thought the there is missing front cover but it doesn`t have any signs of missing cover, I Belive this produced same as I have it now without front cover. the Case signed with 585 Gold and Also with Lange (OLIW) Signature so I guess its the real case and nothing changed by the time.

Regarding what you Roland said, It has no real success and only limited QTY made - That should make it more rare no? :)

Thanks,
    Idan

Wow that's one awesome pocket watch!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

So there is a front bezel that screws off? I thought the front matched the inside back without the lids. That is what made me think the bezel was missing. What holds the crystal?

There is no Bezel or screw there, I uploaded the watch here to get more information but it doesn`t seem like Bezel or Cover is missin.. I couldn`t find any signs on the case.. As I see the crystal holds by the case..

Thread Information