New Arrival: 1st of 2010...

Thread: New Arrival: 1st of 2010...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Arrival: 1st of 2010...

A vintage NOS Tissot Lepine:

Looking forward to this little beauty sitting on my desktop, and ticking away the stresses of the workday... Thanks for looking!

-wjb
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

Re: New Arrival: 1st of 2010...

Hey Wallace!

Wow that's a cool pocket watch! So shiny and clear and crisp!

Have you (or the seller) had the watch serviced? I think you said it hadn't been used in years. If that's the case, it could probably do with a once-over before using it. If it's already been cleaned and regulated, then pop it on your stand and enjoy it.

On a related note, I went out on Monday and bought a pocket-watch stand of my own! I'd been after one for a while, until I realised that there was a watchmaker's shop in town that was selling them right under my nose! It was a friendly, family-operated business, from what I could see. I went in and picked one! It's similar to your stainless steel one, only mine is gold plate...since all my watches have gold-filled cases, it seemed the most appropriate. My Waltham's on the stand now, keeping perfect time.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Thanks, Shangas!

I think I'll be sending it to my watchmaker in a few days: I want to play with it for a while It's ticking like a champ right now...

I'd love to see some photos of your new stand (and Waltham) - congratulations! Lucky find, there! You're not in Canada by any chance, are you?

Best,
    Wallace
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Wallace,

No, sorry. I'm in Australia.

I'd love to show you a photo of my watch and stand...IF I could get my damn camera to work. The stupid thing's packed up on me.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Modern technology, eh?

Thanks for your kind words and help with this, Shangas... It's been a real pleasure!

Best,
    Wallace

Modern technology. It's great until it breaks. That's why I hate so many modern things. They're never made to last!

And if this isn't bad enough...I'm going on holiday in February, and I want to take a damn camera with me. Now it's not working...Grrrr!!

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Looks terrific~Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau8 View Post
    Looks terrific~Congrats!
    Thank you, Beau!
    -wjb

I promised Wallace here, a set of shots of my watch-stand. I FINALLY got my damn camera to work, so here we are!:

1926 Waltham M1908 hunter-case watch. 16 size, 7 jewels, 25-year gold-filled case.

1899 Waltham M1895 open-face watch. 14 size, 7 jewels, 5-year gold-filled case.

My Ball railroad watch is still at the watchmaker's, so, no shots of it sitting on the stand. I only got the stupid camera working today, so...

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Wow! Thanks for getting back to me on this, Shangas.

It's a great-looking stand, and very similar to the one I'm considering. Looks very nice and simple, not taking away from the object it's meant to display; the watch. And what beautiful watches they are, too!

Have a great holiday!

Best,
    Wallace

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information