New arrival - Tissot Tissonic

Thread: New arrival - Tissot Tissonic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New arrival - Tissot Tissonic

I've been lusting after one of these ever since I saw Silver Hawk's about 18 months ago. In the meantime I've bought 5 other electronic watches but in the back of my mind this was the one I really wanted. I wasn't disappointed when I saw it for real either, it's beautiful, everything I imagined and more. I think this particular model dates from 1975. Enough of my waffle, here's some pics that hopefully capture some of it's beauty, especially that stunning dial.

The bracelet is actually a NOS Seiko bracelet I bought ages ago for my 6138-8039 and then decided I liked the non original one on the watch better. It looks fab on the Tissot IMHO although I've yet to figure out how to remove some of the links to make it fit .

Hope you like the Tissonic as much as I do and have fab weekends.

Cheers

Gary

Re: New arrival - Tissot Tissonic

Congrats,

very nice find, particularly with this beautyful dial!
    I love the tuning fork movements (supposing the 300 stands for 300Hz)!
    I have probably the same movement in my Longines Ultronic (day-date version, though) and in my Eterna Sonic.
    The movement should look like that:

Cheers,

Axel

Thanks Axel

Yes the movement is like that with the Geneve stripes. I'm a fan of the f300 as well, just love the smooth second hand movement and the gentle buzz. Here's a few of my others.

Omega Geneve

Omega Seamaster

Zenith XL-Tronic (now sold)

Zenith Allegro

Cheers

Gary

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Gary,

the Seamaster is a dream! The only negative thing is the integrated bracelet, but it's only an issue, if it isn't in good condition. Of course the rest is also stunning (taking the Zenith as an outstanding example)!
    My three ones are less collectible - I love them, however:

For sure it's useless to mention this link to you, but it might be interesting for some others:
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~fotoplot/acc.htm

Cheers,

Axel

Quote Originally Posted by Axel66 View Post
    My three ones are less collectible - I love them, however
    Don't do yourself a disservice Alex, they all look to be in pristine condition and are loved by you, which is the main thing. I keep promising myself an Accutron one day but I keep getting distracted by other things.

Thinking of American watches, I forgot to mention my Hamilton before, not a f300 movement but electronic all the same. Another integrated bracelet to worry about but I've never seen another like it. Here's a few pics:

And finally a movement pic from the seller:

Cheers

Gary

Still shocked about your amazing collection, I have to admit, that my collection is limited (of course). The only electrical sample I own is, what a surprise, a German one. It's a Junghans Datachron:

(sorry for the quality, did the movement shot with direct flash and a bottle of wodka!)

Cheers,

Axel

Thanks Axel, the electronics are the tip of the iceberg, I've got another 42 watches as well :oops:. Not quite sure how I managed to get so many really, I only wanted one good quality watch to celebrate my 40th and 2 years later look what's happened . I blame the forums for posting so many interesting watches.

Great looking Datachron BTW, I love the elegent simplicity of that one, great crown design as well. Good luck in your collecting but unless you've got a really understanding partner don't follow my example .

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary,

don't get me wrong, but if you own 42 watches, following your example would mean, that I have to sell over 100!:oops:

Cheers,

Axel

Quote Originally Posted by Axel66 View Post
    Hi Gary,

don't get me wrong, but if you own 42 watches, following your example would mean, that I have to sell over 100!:oops:

Cheers,

Axel
    Impressive, so in summary we're both as bad/sad/stupid (delete as appropriate) as each other. Excellent . Do you have a theme to your collection Axel or has it just kind of materialised over time, like mine? If you had to pick one favourite from your collection, what would it be? Difficult to narrow it down I know, I'll make it easier - one vintage and one modern - does that help?

Here's my favourite vintage a Wakmann Valjoux 7734 from 1968. I just love the blue figures in the tachymeter and the dial design.

And my favourite modern is the Damasko DA36. A fantastic piece of engineering and oh, so legible. The yellow second hand really lifts the design as well.

I have to confess though if you asked me tomorrow, I'd probably pick 2 different watches .

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm somehow concetrating on Vintage-Seikos, Vintage-Citizens and Vintage-Tissots. But at least 2 thirds of my watches are from different Brands and include also some new models.
    My dreamwatch is my Oemga Speedmaster, I bought new last year, but among my favourites you will find this Tissot Navigator with Lemania auto-movement,

my King Seiko,

and for sure this old Citizen:

But I guess, if I would have to vote for my all-time-favourite, it would be this unspectacular simple Roamer Anfibio:

However, I love all of my watches!

Cheers,

Axel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information