New Arrivals: 2 Solid Gold Hamiltons and a Gold Plated Timex
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By journeyforce
  • 1 Post By jimdon5822

Thread: New Arrivals: 2 Solid Gold Hamiltons and a Gold Plated Timex

New Arrivals: 2 Solid Gold Hamiltons and a Gold Plated Timex

So over the last few days, 3 watches arrived at my house ether via the mail or the local thrift store

The first was a gold plated Timex automatic that i got from the thrift store at half price day for $16. it was made in 1976. It keeps excellent time and I wore it for a full week and it has been running very well.

The other 2 are vintage solid gold Hamilton watches. Both were bought from a seller named Dan Keefe who owns the Hamilton Chronicles Blog. Both were said to have been serviced and since they are featured in blog entries showing the tear down of them, I believe the serviced claim.

The first is a 1950's Hamilton Sinclair in 14kt Solid Gold with 14kt or 18kt gold markers. It was a service award for a GM employee (25 years). it came in its original box

Here is its blog
    Vintage Hamilton Watch Restoration: 1956 Sinclair

The second one is a Hamilton Thin-o-matic T300 in 10kt Solid Gold. This is a micro rotor watch It was also an award for a employee

Vintage Hamilton Watch Restoration: 1959 Thin-o-matic T-300

These 2 Hamilton watches will compliment my 1960's 14kt gold Hamilton I got from the thrift store for $30
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: New Arrivals: 2 Solid Gold Hamiltons and a Gold Plated Timex

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    So over the last few days, 3 watches arrived at my house ether via the mail or the local thrift store

The first was a gold plated Timex automatic that i got from the thrift store at half price day for $16. it was made in 1976. It keeps excellent time and I wore it for a full week and it has been running very well.

The other 2 are vintage solid gold Hamilton watches. Both were bought from a seller named Dan Keefe who owns the Hamilton Chronicles Blog. Both were said to have been serviced and since they are featured in blog entries showing the tear down of them, I believe the serviced claim.

The first is a 1950's Hamilton Sinclair in 14kt Solid Gold with 14kt or 18kt gold markers. It was a service award for a GM employee (25 years). it came in its original box

Here is its blog
    Vintage Hamilton Watch Restoration: 1956 Sinclair

The second one is a Hamilton Thin-o-matic T300 in 10kt Solid Gold. This is a micro rotor watch It was also an award for a employee

Vintage Hamilton Watch Restoration: 1959 Thin-o-matic T-300

These 2 Hamilton watches will compliment my 1960's 14kt gold Hamilton I got from the thrift store for $30
    You wore the same Watch for a week? I don't understand? Seriously nice pick ups!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    badbackdan likes this.

Re: New Arrivals: 2 Solid Gold Hamiltons and a Gold Plated Timex

Quote Originally Posted by jimdon5822 View Post
    You wore the same Watch for a week? I don't understand? Seriously nice pick ups!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is something about this timex that seems to say wear me. I wore it while working on one of my cars, repairing computer equipment and doing all other sorts of things and the watch did not lose a beat. Plus when I took off the old expansion band that the watch came on(it was sized to small) there was no wear on the lugs at all. I replaced it with a more blingy/gaudy expansion band (hey, you ether go big or go home)

Oddly enough despite those solid gold goodies arriving the other day, I am still wearing that timex today.

Thread Information