New Collector-Looking for Repair Shop Referrals

Thread: New Collector-Looking for Repair Shop Referrals

New Collector-Looking for Repair Shop Referrals

Hello WUSers!

After being a frequent browser of the wealth of knowledge available on this forum, I figured it was about time I bit the bullet and became a member! Like many of you here, I have a love of watches that my wife simply does not understand and it seems like any time I talk to her about this, the best response i seem to get is ->.

In any case, I've begun collecting watches as a hobby, but life priorities keeps me out of the mid to upper echelon of the watch loving world. With that, my collection, outside of daily "department store" wearers, currently consists of a Citizen 8110A Bullhead and Bulova Accutron 218.

I've always been fascinated with hand wind chronographs and picked up the beauty below off the bay. What I'm struggling with is finding a reputable repair shop that will agree to work on and restore the Landeron movement inside. Those that I've contacted stated that they won't work on it due to the lack of spare parts. The watch currently doesn't run so I'd like to at least get this baby running before I go through the additional expense of case refinishing. I'm hoping I can lean on the expansive user base here to help suggest some repair shops that can work on the watch, preferably US based. Otherwise, I fear I may have had my first folly and my foray into vintage watch collecting may be sadly short lived.

Thank you all!

Name:  s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views: 92
Size:  313.0 KB
    Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  387.3 KB

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: New Collector-Looking for Repair Shop Referrals

Welcome to the Vintage forum. Well, it's certainly a "Chronographe Suisse" but it's one of the rarer ones with a Venus Cal. 170:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Venus 170

As such, it might be a little more difficult to get parts for this one. If it is in working order and just needs a service, you should get lucky, though, if you persevere in your search.

Hartmut Richter

Many thanks for the response Hartmut! As the watch currently doesn't run, how would I know that it is in working order? Thank you again!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by the.rav View Post
    Many thanks for the response Hartmut! As the watch currently doesn't run, how would I know that it is in working order? Thank you again!

That's a good one! I assume what Hartmut is saying is that 'working order' means the watch runs!

Thanks guys! Turns out the watch was subject to water damage based on the opinion of a watchmaker I found. Was able to return it to the seller. Have a good day!

Thread Information