New Hamilton 454 "Sputnik"

Thread: New Hamilton 454 "Sputnik"

New Hamilton 454 "Sputnik"

The prices on these have been a little crazy lately from what I can tell. The Mad Men affect I suppose. This one needs a little attention but it will be O.K. for occasional use.

Last edited by john*thomas; December 18th, 2012 at 04:38.

Re: New Hamilton 454 "Sputnik"

Im only familiar with Mad Men by Reputation, and also know people are using it as a descriptive. Late sixties? in any event Ive never seen that model Hamilton and can only say its ######g gorgeous. Did it ever come with a steel bezel.? I may have to go hunting. Enjoy that beauty.

I'm far from an expert but I think they only came with the gold filled cases. . There was a recent article on the watches that have been on the show. Unfortunately right about the same time I was looking for one.

I've read that these were in the catalog 1955-57.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

well, i don't know about the "mad men effect", but the sputnik has always been popular with the vintage hamilton crowd. it's one of the most collectible of the swiss autos, so it usually commands a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodschwartz View Post
    well, i don't know about the "mad men effect", but the sputnik has always been popular with the vintage hamilton crowd. it's one of the most collectible of the swiss autos, so it usually commands a decent price.
    I had only been looking for a few months. My only opinion comes from some of the deals I read about in some older posts. You certainly can't find these (unless you get really lucky) for under $200 now. I'm sure your experience trumps mine.

looks pretty
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Thread Information