Please wait
    Image not available

Please wait
    Image not available

Please wait
    Image not available

Please wait
    Image not available
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Re: New Longines Conquest pics

Just pic'd up today and its on its way. these are sellers pics but I thought it looked pretty good for the price. I only have a 67 ultrachron so this will be the start of my vintage Longines 'collection'. Most of what I know about Longines I know from ULF and:.
    La Cote des Montres : Montre Longines Ultra-Chron - Annonce N° 45114

so any opinions or comments on authenticity or whatever welcomed

Banned

Did the seller say it was a 290 or 291? It should be a 290 if it doesn't have a date. It should clean up nicely. The lettering around the medallion was filled with black enamel, and can be repainted relatively easily. Hit a hobby store and show one of the salespeople what you're trying to do and they can recommend the correct stuff (got that tip from a forum member who redid his engraved bezels on some Elgins and Hamiltons). Never tried it myself but it sounds pretty easy since the letters are fairly deep.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Did the seller say it was a 290 or 291? It should be a 290 if it doesn't have a date. It should clean up nicely. The lettering around the medallion was filled with black enamel, and can be repainted relatively easily. Hit a hobby store and show one of the salespeople what you're trying to do and they can recommend the correct stuff (got that tip from a forum member who redid his engraved bezels on some Elgins and Hamiltons). Never tried it myself but it sounds pretty easy since the letters are fairly deep.
    Ja. Seller said "290". (and black nail polish works great though the green enamel may be soluble so I will seal it with wax.) Its funny how you see certain things when you buy and other things you don't notice right away. I was looking at mostly date @ '12" conquests and a few date @ '3' with suspicious overseas sellers using 'stock' vintage photos so in the end-i saw this one and thought the dial looked untouched so I bid. didnt notice it had no date til after. I have to admit that I first 'fell' for the conquest when i saw an 18k cnqst w blue enamel medallion which, in general, I have always argued is a great marketing strategy for any watch co. to help make their watches that much more coveted. Its just a little hidden 'watchbling' but I know guys that wish their rlx's had the same engraved branding that tudors have.

That is a very nice Longines You picked there, I am sure You will enjoy it. I have it's sister, equipped with a black dial and date, 291 movement.

As You can see, the fish on mine has basically lost it's enamel, a common fate of the Longines, when they are worn:

I did have some reservations to start with, assuming it not to run as good as my Omega Constellation, but that was proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by o.v.e View Post
    That is a very nice Longines You picked there, I am sure You will enjoy it. I have it's sister, equipped with a black dial and date, 291 movement.

As You can see, the fish on mine has basically lost it's enamel, a common fate of the Longines, when they are worn:

I did have some reservations to start with, assuming it not to run as good as my Omega Constellation, but that was proven wrong.
    Don't know how much of a diy'er you are(note the wrench) but if you want a tip to re-do that green enamel go to drugstore and get a clear nail enamel and a green. mix 3-4 parts clear (3-4 drops really) with one drop of green. Apply with pointy brush and fill the depression And dry/bake w hairdryer. It should hold up for 6 months or more of regular use. One can build up coats for more strength. Its surprising how well it works but then I suppose many guys would just figure its on the back against the wrist so its part of the vintage patina. But that is a beauty of a dial you have. I normally go for black dials but felt I have so many I decide to keep the longines silver
    Last edited by DaBaeker; November 24th, 2010 at 07:15.

I love those medallions, especially how the fishes head is peeking out.

I was thinking again about picking up a couple of Longines, but I think I have largely missed the boat. I only have one Longines wrist watch and a couple of PWs - I guess that will do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by trim View Post
    I love those medallions, especially how the fishes head is peeking out.

I was thinking again about picking up a couple of Longines, but I think I have largely missed the boat. I only have one Longines wrist watch and a couple of PWs - I guess that will do for now.
    I'll pretend I'm ulf: "Pictures?"

I didn't knew this Longines model. All of them have the medallions on the back?

I'm not an expert but I think that the Conquest has the medallion: A fish with green on the SS an G.P. and the sea with blue for solid gold. The Flagship models have a flagship embossed on the back and other models I am not sure. Also-not ALL conquests have a medallion. I've seen a few with smooth back-no markings. I guess you have to see pics of the back to know for sure. But checkout the beautiful medallion on this:
    LONGINES CONQUEST VINTAGE AUTOMATIC 18K ROSE GOLD - eBay (item 380287880079 end time Dec-10-10 09:56:13 PST)

and the flagship on this
    :LONGINES FLAGSHIP VINTAGE AUTOMATIC 18K GOLD MEN WATCH - eBay (item 380287860264 end time Dec-10-10 08:48:22 PST)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information