New to me Vintage-ish Bulova

Thread: New to me Vintage-ish Bulova

New to me Vintage-ish Bulova

I haven't worn a gold colored watch in quite a while. The few I have are either really dated 70's to 80's and definitely not within the realm of my current tastes.
    So imagine my surprise when a smaller gold watch sitting in the display of a local shop caught my eye.
    I couldn't tell quite what it was sitting buried on the second shelf and the staff was busy with other customers. I waited patiently for the crowds to clear out and asked, "Um, may I see that little watch down there?" Hmm, it is gold, and on the cheap black strap it doesn't look too bad... Ahh what the heck, I'll take it.
    I would have preferred to get some better pics but the LCD screen on my camera did not survive my 1st grade daughters Field Day. They don't quite show the beauty of the sunburst cream dial with the applied indices.
    I'll get some better ones later but these will give you an idea.

1969 Bulova Accutron 10K GF bezel, 214 movement.

I had never seen this movement before and I must admit it took a few moments to figure out how to set the thing, but with a new battery, she is humming along just fine.

Very pleased Gold's not so bad when done right!
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai

Re: New to me Vintage-ish Bulova

It looks clean and nice. I just happened to pick up a 1971 Bulova Accutron. It is my first experience with any of these, I just added it on with another purchase from the same seller. Hope it turns out as good as yours.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Quote Originally Posted by Erik_H View Post
    It looks clean and nice. I just happened to pick up a 1971 Bulova Accutron. It is my first experience with any of these, I just added it on with another purchase from the same seller. Hope it turns out as good as yours.
    Thank you and good luck as well!
    As this is my first tuning fork watch, I got to stay up late last night searching for all I could find on the movement. I picked the watch up on my lunch break and ducked out for a few minutes in the afternoon when I found that a battery was in stock just down the road from the office. My little girl (6) loves the sound and even noticed that the second hand runs so smooth.
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

I don't know why, but I think a brown strap looks like it was meant to be on gold watches. I have several and they all have a brown strap now. That watch looks brand new.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

Great find, especially one is such nice shape, with fancy lugs, and running!
    So many Accutrons on EBay do not run, and "it probably just needs a battery" is probably the most common phrase used in an Accutron EBay description to mask a bad coil or index wheel (expensive).
    Last edited by mrsnak; June 6th, 2010 at 03:04.
    "My grail showed up today"

Thread Information