New watch band for my Depollier

Thread: New watch band for my Depollier

Picture New watch band for my Depollier

I was at Otto Frie today looking for a bracelet for another watch and saw this watch band that would look good on another watch I got.The other watch is a depollier with a Illinois 15 jewel movement.Cir 1918.Used by the US military in WW1.How does this new band look.

Re: New watch band for my Depollier

The band looks good, but also brand new. Maybe you might consider ageing it a little?
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Erik
    The sticker on this band said made in France and it is well made from the sticker that looked old could be old stock.I bought one from some were else that was cheaply made.And the price on this one was great I should of bought one for my other wire lug watch.Mite do that on thursday I bought a bracelet for another watch I needed flat end pieces bought I bought one with round end pieces so I go to go back any way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice looking band on a nice watch.Although you could consider changing that crown.Maybe onion style crown would look much better on that watch.
    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.portalsatova.com/forum/

Quote Originally Posted by jedanzoom View Post
    Nice looking band on a nice watch.Although you could consider changing that crown.Maybe onion style crown would look much better on that watch.
    I believe this one is an original Depollier case crown. I think Riverrat may have some links to original Depollier case specs and pictures somewhere.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Quote Originally Posted by Erik_H View Post
    I believe this one is an original Depollier case crown. I think Riverrat may have some links to original Depollier case specs and pictures somewhere.

Could be,but I havent seen such crown on such watch till now.I could be wrong,of course,but it doesnt look right to me.
    “Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

The Depollier wristwatch case was the first watch to use a water tight locking crown durring WW1 before the canteen watch of WW2 and Rolex.They also used three differnt movements Waltham,Elgin,Illinois.
    Here is a thread I did on it a while back.And here are some cool ad's I found.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ight=depollier

And here is a good shot of how the crown works

This is in the closed position to keep water out.

This is in the open position so you can wind it or change the time it is spring loaded so when you twist the crown to open it pop's up and stay's connected to the case.This is a rare one I only know two other's at the MWR forum that own's them every body has a canteen watch but not every body has this one.I found it with out even looking for it and got it for a good price compared to one I saw at a web site that had one for sell he want's 3000.00 for it nut's and his dial look's bad.
    Last edited by river rat; February 3rd, 2010 at 16:17.

Here is a cool thread from the MWR forum on the depollier.One guy has the original boxes and strap and the special key to tighten the bezel ring and back cover cool.
    http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showt...ight=depollier

Pretty neat combo~Cheers!

Thanks,I learned something new here today.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Thread Information