New Watch Book: "Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War" by Stan Czubernat
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: New Watch Book: "Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War" by Stan Czubernat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Watch Book: "Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War" by Stan Czubernat

Hey guys!

I am very proud to announce that my book "Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War" is going to be available around year's end.

This has been a 4+ year project that has honestly been one of the great joys of my life.

I get to talk about watches, write about watches and work on watches all day long, I consider myself to be very fortunate in that respect, I absolutely love what I do for a living!

Very early on in my watch career the Elgin National Watch Company struck a cord with me.

But, very little solid information was out there when it came to their very early wrist watches.............the trench watches.

Being me, I simply had to know everything there was to know about Elgin Trench Watches!

Very long and detailed forum posts about Elgin Trench Watches that I wrote started to add up after awhile, and when you put that information together it started to look like a book.

So that's exactly what I did after a few more years of hardcore research, I wrote a book about Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War!

I drive pretty deep into dial styles and slight variations of those dials by chapter including the Star Dial Series, the BOLD Arabic Dials, the Shadow Box Dials and of course the RED 12's.

I also go into great detail about the GIANT size 6s Elgin Trench Watches, case grades, dial date stamps and some remarkable restoration work with lots of before and after shots.

Within the largest chapter of my book I discuss at length the crystal guards, aka the shrapnel guards, this is probably my favorite chapter!

I include a rarity scale for Elgin Trench Watches with pricing and some great little odds & ends at the end, some things that you might have always been curious about are answered.

About 440 pictures and over 200 Elgin Trench Watches are in this action packed read from your common Elgin Trench Watches up to the extremely rare Elgins!

Some of the rarest and most desirable WWI Trench Watches on the planet are in fact an ELGIN!

My publisher, Schiffer Publishing just put out a press release about "Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War" last week that includes what the front cover of the book will look like so it's no longer a secret!

Copies of "Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War" are not going to be available until around year's end, give or take a bit.

But, Amazon has already begun doing pre-sales which has in turn prompted me to do the same.

You can now place your order and buy "Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War" on my own web page.

LRF Antique Watches - Trench Watch Home

I would certainly appreciate you buying a copy directly from me rather than from Amazon if you are so inclined.

PLUS, if you purchase a copy from my web page your book will of course be personally signed by me!

It's always nice to have a signed copy!

Several forum members have already bought their copies and I can't thank them enough!
    Author of "Elgin Trench Watches of the Great War" & "Waltham Trench Watches of the Great War"

www.lrfantiquewatches.com

www.facebook.com/WWITrenchWatch

Re: New Watch Book: "Elgin Trench Watches of The Great War" by Stan Czubernat

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Congrats Stan, what a fine testimony of knowledge and hard-work.Can understand how much time and passion is phrased in those pages.I am sure it will be well appreciated within collectors and watch enthusiasts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Emre View Post
    Congrats Stan, what a fine testimony of knowledge and hard-work.Can understand how much time and passion is phrased in those pages.I am sure it will be well appreciated within collectors and watch enthusiasts.
    Thanks Emre!

I too hope that it will be appreciated.

There are certainly a lot of books out there about watches but many of them were published before the Internet was around and popular so many true facts have not been found until recent years.

With Google now scanning every document that they can get there hands on research has been made easier, if you know where to look.

I consider this book to be a scalpel rather than a broad sword.

It is very detail orientated rather than topics being generalized.

Just about all of the Elgin records were destroyed back in the 1960's so all of the small tid bits information that I found had to be put back together like a 100 year old puzzle.
    Last edited by Literustyfan; June 12th, 2014 at 00:55.
    Author of "Elgin Trench Watches of the Great War" & "Waltham Trench Watches of the Great War"

Hi,

Well done and congrats for adding to our understanding of Horology.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by James A View Post
    adding to our understanding of Horology
    That's what it's all about James!

Does it come with a trench watch of my very own??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Literustyfan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoLeftTurn View Post
    Does it come with a trench watch of my very own??

Mine does.
    Pretty sure one of my watches is in the book!
    Literustyfan likes this.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Yep!

You have at least one in the Elgin Trench Watch book Adam!

Ha! I meant I want a free watch with the book!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information