New with a watch: Lasita

Thread: New with a watch: Lasita

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Up New with a watch: Lasita

Hello everybody,

I'm new in this section. I used to look most of the time at new watches but lately there was nothing really that excites me. For that reason I discovered a new world. Well I'm not completely new but still....

So I'll hang around in this section to learn some more and maybe add something.

A already have a few vintage watches and today there was a package which I was waiting for. I immediately made some photo's and now it's on my wrist!!

It's a Lasita from the 70's with a valjoux 7734 and also I have the original box which is in great shape!!
    The date is printed in red and black... so one day a black 16 and the 17 is red, etc.

Unfortunately I don't know and can't find anything else about this watch, so all extra info is welcome!! Also on the inner-ring has a scale from 1 to 20!!! Anybody an idea what's its for!!!???

Thank you for now and hope to receive some reactions!

Two photo's of the watch, there are more on my Flickr account if you like!

Lasita 02 by Bidle, on Flickr

Lasita 03 by Bidle, on Flickr

Re: New with a watch: Lasita

all I can tell you is the Val 7734 was also used in 70s Breitlings and Bulova chronos with the same dial configuration. Same with some small swiss family houses like Sylvana, Valgene and others that used either the 7733 or 7734([email protected])
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Hi, thx!

The 7734 is indeed a common movement, I'm also trying to find a pallas. Also I have two Memosail's which have a 7737 but are the same movements except one different part. :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is it always this crowded in this section!???

Quote Originally Posted by Bidle View Post
    Is it always this crowded in this section!???
    it gets a bid more chatty if you post a question someone has an answer to, Bidle.

My guess is no one knows anything about Lasita. I know I don't. Unless it's the Mexican version of "Lassie."

Attractive watch, btw. Even quite ordinary watches look smashing when NOS! The little red-tipped sweeper looks great against the fairly somber design of the rest of the watch.

Do you mean a Stowa Pallas? Those look great!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Nice watch - excellent condition, too! I don't know what the 0-20 scale is for but I suspect it's a slightly incorrect telemetric scale. On a telemetric scale, 1km is equivalent to nearly but not exactly 3 seconds (at sea level and normal temperature, sound takes just under 3 seconds to travel 1km). The 20 should actually be at ca. 59.5 seconds. Most makers cheat, however!

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by LouS View Post
    it gets a bid more chatty if you post a question someone has an answer to, Bidle.

My guess is no one knows anything about Lasita. I know I don't. Unless it's the Mexican version of "Lassie."

Attractive watch, btw. Even quite ordinary watches look smashing when NOS! The little red-tipped sweeper looks great against the fairly somber design of the rest of the watch.

Do you mean a Stowa Pallas? Those look great!
    Nope, I mean Pallas it's like Lasita. Just a brand which bought common cases, dials and used a Valjoux 7734. I really like those simple watches from the 70's. The best thing is that they are affordable!! Here an example from the internet:

or an Ankra:

Last edited by Bidle; January 29th, 2011 at 00:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Nice watch - excellent condition, too! I don't know what the 0-20 scale is for but I suspect it's a slightly incorrect telemetric scale. On a telemetric scale, 1km is equivalent to nearly but not exactly 3 seconds (at sea level and normal temperature, sound takes just under 3 seconds to travel 1km). The 20 should actually be at ca. 59.5 seconds. Most makers cheat, however!

Hartmut Richter
    That makes sense!! Thx for your reply! :)

here's another one but w a Val.7733:
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

That's also a nice one!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information