New Year Welcome
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By artb

Thread: New Year Welcome

New Year Welcome

To all and the organizer thanks for benefits I have received. Not only interesting and valid information, but personal relations. World wide good people involved here.

This year great for this old timer and dawning of another I hope to do more sensibly. This morning looked good although fresh snow and near zero degrees f. A CLEAN REFRESHING START.

Name:  documents4%20300copy.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  118.2 KBName:  documents4 699axcopy.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  215.2 KB
    Last edited by artb; December 26th, 2012 at 21:35.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: New Year Welcome

I think that you are slightly early for the New Year. Still, your welcome is welcomed! You seem to have somewhat more snow than us here (in temperate Germany, at ca. 50° northern latitude). On Christmas Eve, we had 16° and it was 20.5° in München (Munich)! We are all waiting for the temperature crash next year.

Hartmut Richter

What a majestic view! If I remember correctly it is the Rockies. Is that correct?

Just got about 8 inches of snow today. But I look out on a skyline. Man made hills Not nearly as majestic.

Thanks to all of you who have been sharing their knowledge. I too feel like there are many friends here. I like my time on Vintage (most of the time... being a moderator is sometimes vexing). and feel nice about being accepted to our group.

I hope you all have a pleasing new year.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Latitude here is right on 40 degrees. 6300 ft. elevation for my oldest house in area NW of Denver provides a cool climate. Bears and mountain lions and rattle snakes and forest fires are the disadvantages. Tourists generally not a problem; they keep to the roads to nearby Rocky Mt. Nat. Park. Youngster checking my broken useless sundial, but no shadow.

Name:  documents 227a.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  546.6 KB
    Last edited by artb; December 27th, 2012 at 15:14.

What an amazing vista Art.
    I'm at 55deg N, the Gulf Stream keeps us reletively free from frost and snow.

Happy new year.

My favorite area I worked at for a year was S. Greenland. About same latitude as N.England. Actually about same climate temperatue average. Like 11.000 ft. Rocky Mt. treeline at sea level.
    Last edited by artb; December 27th, 2012 at 15:47.
    jsw41 likes this.

I am at 6,500 ft for the New Year's, and we had several feet of snow over the past 7 days. (Pacific Crest, Lake Tahoe, Northern California).

Thread Information