I love the look of the Hamilton Model 23 military pocket watches but have some questions esp in light of some of Ray MacDonald's introductory comments.
1. Do these watches keep good time? I have an Alsta pocket watch that my wife gave me in 1978 that keeps very good time, I think. Plus or minus a minute a week I would consider good.
2. Is it impractical to wear one of these on a daily basis? Is the watch likely to be damaged in my pocket? (I have a desk job.)
3. Any idea how much I should be willing to pay for one in top notch condition?
4. What does a reputable watch repairer charge to clean and lubricate a watch like this?
5. Would you say, relatively speaking, that the Model 23 is a rare watch or in plentiful supply?