For Newbies (like me) How a watch works, and putting together an ETA 2801 (links)
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Frijoles-and-Beans

Thread: For Newbies (like me) How a watch works, and putting together an ETA 2801 (links)

For Newbies (like me) How a watch works, and putting together an ETA 2801 (links)

Watch tutorial and watch test results

Hi, you gentlemen have been a big help. I'm going to put up a couple of links for people who are just as lost as me with this whole watch situation. This first link is about the internat workings of a watch, and just how its precise machinery tells you the time. It's really good, very straightforward and goes into sufficient detail to fully understand. Here it is-

How a watch works. Watchmaking. - YouTube

This next link deals specifically with a particular movement, the ETA 2801; the movement that is in my watch. It seems to be a common movement, so it would be a good example, I think.

It is the full assembly of the time-piece. In fact, the on-line school that he attends looks awfully tempting to me. I would really like to look into that soon. It makes it a lot easier on e when I see someone that can take apart his watch and put it back together again. It gives me hope that I'll be able to do that soon.

Assembling ETA 2801 watch movement - YouTube

I hope that this information is helpful to people just starting out. The task of taking care of my own watch seemed a very daunting task to me at first, but I feel a lot less pressure on me now. I'm sure that I have a LOT to learn, but reviewing these videos and talking with you fine people has made it a lot less stressful to think about.

Re: For Newbies (like me) How a watch works, and putting together an ETA 2801 (links)

Whoops, don't worry about the watch test results. That's from another post of mine.

Re: For Newbies (like me) How a watch works, and putting together an ETA 2801 (links)

There are quite a few video links in here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f295/vi...ng-445688.html

Lots of other info for beginners in the 'Links and Articles' section.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok, haha, then this thread will apply to people like me that didn't find that stuff. Mostly because I wasn't looking for it. I've been looking off-site for things about watches, but I guess you guys have a lot of stuff covered already. I'm really going to have to look around some more around here.
    Eeeb likes this.

Thread Information