Nice 33j Seiko w.w.
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Nice 33j Seiko w.w.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice 33j Seiko w.w.

This seems to be a top quality Seiko. Know nothing about it. All original little used. Only movement to have 3 pairs of shockmount jewels?
    Attached Images Attached Images

dougcee and mrsnak like this.

Re: Nice 33j Seiko w.w.

Nice, yours looks like the daddy of the Seiko I have just bought, mine as only 17 jewels but just looks like yours Congrats

Thats a stunner... it looks brand new?

The watch will date to Jan 1968. The movement is a higher grade seiko watch. The only 5XXX movements I have owned have been in the LordMatic (LM) or KingSeiko (KS), which had a great Highbeat movements.

What I find interesting in the serial number... 00007 - the 7th one made! That would be a great one to add to any collection!

Congrats... all this Seiko talk is tempting me once again.....
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice looking collectible Seiko. The high jewel count found in your watch is more related to marketing than anything else. The added jewels are technically functional but really add little to the movement. Seiko and other watch manufacturers have known that high jewel counts sell watches. It was during the 1960's that the jewel count race reached new highs, with some watches having in excess of 100 jewels! A durable and accurate automatic watch with day/date display can be made with a 17 jewel movement.

+1 look at all the Omega 30mm movements that were chronometry winners with 17jewels

All nice comments. 43 years and came from deceased original owner with identical twin I sold since this one was an unused backup. I suppose it might not hurt it to use a little without oiling all the clean jewels?

Quote Originally Posted by artb View Post
    All nice comments. 43 years and came from deceased original owner with identical twin I sold since this one was an unused backup. I suppose it might not hurt it to use a little without oiling all the clean jewels?
    Other than the comments about the O.T.T jewel count, I still stand by the fact its a Higher quality movement of Seikos from this period. The movemnet looks very Very clean! I would always suggest a service/oil if the watch has not been used for a time.

That said... I rate seiko movements for their durability and would not be surprised if it ran very well! I think its a great find and wish I had the twin you sold!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Big fan of the Hi-beats and would also suggest a service. A good watchmaker can not only service it, but adjust the calibration and beats.
    The guy I've been using has all this hooked up to his computer screen (the high tech version of the vibragraph), so you know going in what's amiss.
    "My grail showed up today"

Quote Originally Posted by artb View Post
    "Deceased owner". Makes me think of what might happen with my watches some day. We may all live on through watch forums.
    DragonDan likes this.
    "My grail showed up today"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrsnak View Post
    "Deceased owner". Makes me think of what might happen with my watches some day. We may all live on through watch forums.
    All our posts will be compiled to a Sticky on WUS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information