A Nice Diver for the Collection (Before and After Pics*)

Thread: A Nice Diver for the Collection (Before and After Pics*)

A Nice Diver for the Collection (Before and After Pics*)

I have added this beautiful Diver to the collection. It's a vintage Citizen Automatic 150m. 21 jewel oversized Diver. It has been a lot. The text on the dial could hardly be read with the scratches on the dial. There was one huge scratch that I really thought the crystal was crack, but with a little elbow grease and a number of supplies, I managed to get the crystal looking pretty decent (period wise).

I've then added the brushed effect to the entire case. A few of the dents on the case were deleted, but not all.

The previous owner took the watch to get his address etched on the side of the watch. Thank god i've deleted that not with total ease, but the results make me very content.

Here are the pics. Enjoy!

Before

After

The only thing that puts the watch off is the bezel. But it does add to its character!
    Last edited by Jipstar; May 24th, 2010 at 15:25.

Re: A Nice Diver for the Collection (Before and After Pics*)

Congrats! Those are really nice (I have two of them). Could you tell me how you polished the crystal? I've tried with different paper on similar crystals before and only scratched them more. On my divers I've used diamond paste and cerium (?) but I feel I have to polish for weeks to really make a difference.

Another question, what year is it from? See serial on the back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So. The crystal on these Citezens are very very tough and thick. So you need a lot of effort and time to see some good results.

On my watch, after I took off the bezel, I actually started with a 60grit sandpaper. When all the scratches were equal in size, I started to tone done the grit, 120 grit. Then with 220grit. The with 500grit, 800grit, and so on (till 2000grit).

To finish it off, Brasso was used. It works wonders!!

It's a citizen 52-0110 with then umber 81000225. Can you tell me what date it is?

Thanks!

Thanks for the info!

I think yours is from 1978, due to the first number of your serial. There may have been some made in 1968, but then it would be waterproof or parawater on the dial and case. Also the 52-0110 seem to be later. There are many different versions of these, with different model numbers, (slightly) different cases, dials and movements. I wish someone would make some sort of guide.

Thread Information