Nice Ebay pick on saturday night! Update last post.
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Nice Ebay pick on saturday night! Update last post.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice Ebay pick on saturday night! Update last post.

Was bored and searching watches on the bay. Watched this auction for 3 Bulovas. One 1970 Accutron and 2 Accuquartzs 1974 and I think 1973. Maybe I'll get lucky and at least one will work. Oh yea, I forgot to mention, $35 bid, minus a few ebay bucks and got them for a little less than $30.

Name:  all three.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  424.6 KB
    Last edited by bsshog40; July 12th, 2018 at 01:28.
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

Re: Nice Ebay pick on saturday night!

Congrats!

Now crack those babies open and lets see the guts!
    busmatt likes this.

Good luck, could be a very nice deal, especially when triggered by 'just killing time'.

One thing puzzles me however: how does eBay work in the Lone Star State?

'... $35 bid, minus a few ebay bucks and got them for a little less than $30 ...' No postage? eBay subsidizing purchases?

... and yes: open the watches and give us a look inside!

Oh, I just noticed: What happened to the watch on the left? The dial needs to be rotated to the left by 90 degrees. But how would the stem then fit in there? I guess, someone has 'frankend' around a little bit to make a movement fit into the wrong case. Could be a Ku-Klux-Klan watch where you can read the time whilst holding up the arm - priceless!
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; July 8th, 2018 at 09:46.
    Peterroehrich and redcow like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Border-Reiver View Post
    Good luck, could be a very nice deal, especially when triggered by 'just killing time'.

'... $35 bid, minus a few ebay bucks and got them for a little less than $30 ...' No postage? eBay subsidizing purchases?

Oh, I just noticed: What happened to the watch on the left? The dial needs to be rotated to the left by 90 degrees. But how would the stem then fit in there? I guess, someone has 'frankend' around a little bit to make a movement fit into the wrong case. Could be a Ku-Klux-Klan watch where you can read the time whilst holding up the arm - priceless!
    So the opening bid was $35, shipping $3.50. I had a little over $10 ebay bucks, so it put me at $27.96 when all was done.
    Yea, that one on the left has me curious. The other accuquartz looks to be missing a stem. Maybe those two will work into one. Lol I do like the up/down accutron tho'. I'm hoping that one turns out. The sellers feedback just showed he sells misc items, so looks like watches he just found or had.

They are suppose to ship tomorrow. Shouldn't take too long to get from Kansas to Tx. Lol
    Bobby - My original music! Check me out! Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...11CC8CC6093D80

Yea. Nice pickup. Not much to lose for 25 bucks and a possible big upside. Good luck. Like to know how it turns out. Keep us posted.
    bsshog40 likes this.

Nice! Good thing I didn't bid on them. Bid war!
    bsshog40 likes this.

It is more like somebody was messing with it and broke the dial feet off so that the dial is loose. It could also mean that somebody tried to convert it to quartz without using the Bulova offered quartz retrofit kit(Bulova made a quartz movement that dropped right in to replace the broken tuning fork/quartz movement.)

It is more like somebody was messing with it and broke the dial feet off so that the dial is loose. It could also mean that somebody tried to convert it to quartz without using the Bulova offered quartz retrofit kit(Bulova made a quartz movement that dropped right in to replace the broken tuning fork/quartz movement.)

Wow, nice pickups! Love those accutron movements.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    -earbud

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    If the dial feets have come off and the dial is falling around, it would not be ligned up with the date (date disk) when in incorrect position.
    bsshog40 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information