Nice pair of Bumpers!!

Thread: Nice pair of Bumpers!!

Nice pair of Bumpers!!

Ha, now that got you wondering didn't it

Recently had these in, two Tissot Bumper watches.

The white dial model was a recent birthday pressy for my good Lady as she loves this style of watch. I got it from a collector I know who is selling off a few pieces here and there, and I've already had other watches from him, so I knew that it had come from a good home.

It hasn't been used for a while so isn't keeping particularly good time at the mo, but I'm sure a service will sort that out. Havn't dated it either as neither of us could get the back off, so going to leave that to my watchman

The second one I picked up at a watchfair a week or so ago.....it caught my attention for several reasons, one of them being that I'd not seen a Tissot bumper with a larger case....havn't measured it as I can't seem to find a ruler or tape measure anywhere, but guessing around 36mm?!!

The dial is nicely aged, and it's keeping good time, and according to the serial no' database, it dates from 1948. I'm not sure whether to look at seeing if the dial can 'cleaned up' a little (if it will?) altho I do like it as it is.....any thoughts??

The happy couple

Thanks for looking

Re: Nice pair of Bumpers!!

Two very nice scores there. I especially like the second one.

I'm not sure whether to look at seeing if the dial can 'cleaned up' a little (if it will?) altho I do like it as it is.....any thoughts??
    My vote is to leave it be...It is a great patina and is pretty evenly distributed. If you tried cleaning there might be some chance of it ending up less even and therefore more distracting.

But that is me...I like a dial with character. (I am also one of those people who doesn't mind engraved backs).

Two great watches.

I'd leave the second dial be as well - unless its obvious almost loose dirt cleaning is very risky.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When it comes to dials, anything beyond using Rodico to pick up any dust and particles is iffy, Rodico can also absorb any oily condensate. I don't think I would go further.

Thanks for the comments chaps

I don't think I was ever really going to do anything to the dial tbh......I liked it this way when I got it, so that's how it shall stay

The hands could do with a little attention maybe......there's some lume on one and not the other, plus it's a bit messy, so I may take it to my watchguy and get his opinion on it!!

Nice Patine on the right~Congrats!

Thread Information