Nice Pronto Surprise
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mmarc77
  • 1 Post By Roland Ranfft

Thread: Nice Pronto Surprise

Nice Pronto Surprise

A few weeks ago I picked up a Hudson watch off a buy it now for fifteen bucks on Ebay. It is a good looking, well made watch in my opinion and when I opened it up it had Pronto Watch Company on the case and the ETA 1152 movement and had a Pronto logo'd crown. As you can tell from the pics the hour hand is not aligned and needs to be reset.

First I had heard of Pronto but I looked on Ebay for others and found a Pronto with a buy it now for fifty bucks and it looked good so I bought it as well. Well, it showed up today and gave me a couple of surprises. I have tried to buy watches with original dials for the most part so maybe it's common but I've never seen it before, inside the back case is scratched "re-dial 0410". I tried to get a pic of the scratching but it hards to photograph. The second surprise was much better and that was "750 18k Helvetia" on the inside case back and Helvetia on a lug. It has 3/10 on the outside of the case back with a rectangle above it and I don't know if that is considered a gold mark of some kind but I've not seen it before. It's 33mm w/o crown and has an ETA 1080 movement and while clear it is a redial it is well done. A metal band was hard on the lugs but it isn't too beat up and now I just need to find a strap for it.

Name:  IMG_0406.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  493.1 KBName:  IMG_0407.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  480.1 KBName:  IMG_0408.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  478.2 KBName:  IMG_0409.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  463.6 KBName:  IMG_0411.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  415.1 KBName:  IMG_0412.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  466.7 KBName:  IMG_0414.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  470.5 KBName:  IMG_0416.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  466.1 KBName:  IMG_0417.JPG
Views: 77
Size:  505.0 KBName:  IMG_0419.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  464.0 KB
    esdy_11192 likes this.

Re: Nice Pronto Surprise

Hi there,

first I should admmit that I'm well known as forum grinch - impolite, insensitive, and always near the border to be kicked out.

If I see photos like your's, my mind to reply or even read the text is instantly killed. Now you may think why I don't shut up accordingly, and I'll tell you why: If you never get a response like this, you'll never know why it is not raining replies.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    Border-Reiver likes this.

I actually prefer bluntness and directness. So the pics are too big? I will attempt again to try to figure out the settings. I know there was a thread earlier where someone complained but personally I prefer when I see large pictures as my eyes aren't what they once were. Please confirm that is your issue and I will abide.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations on that great 18k surprise! Great find. Did you suspect it might be gold when you decided to buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Giotime View Post
    Congratulations on that great 18k surprise! Great find. Did you suspect it might be gold when you decided to buy it?
    Thanks Gio!

I thought there might be a gold mark on the lug but that's really tough to tell in small pics. I thought it was a fair price for a Pronto that appeared to be in good shape but I was thrilled when I saw 18k.

This was the only decent pic of the back. (not my pic and sizing is not an option)

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  150.0 KB

Thread Information