Nivaflex

Thread: Nivaflex

Nivaflex

Nivaflex springs were an important innovation in horology. I assume that there was a time period where putting the name Nivaflex on the dial was an important selling feature. What time period would you assume if a watch has Nivaflex on the dial.

Re: Nivaflex

Dear,
    The Nivarox story began in 1933 when Dr. Straumann perfected the process of hairspring manufacturing in his Waldenbourg laboratory. FAR was the corporate name chosen in 1932 for the entity comprising several companies and subsidiaries located in Le Locle, Switzerland, manufacturing various watch components.

source: wikipedia.

regards,
    RJ van Melle.

I had already looked up the story of Nivaflex my question is what are the date ranges that the Nivaflex trademark was put on dials. If I see Incabloc on a dial I know it's a post WWII watch even though the system was developed in the 30's. I know that post WWII Nivaflex springs quickly dominated the market but before it achieved complete dominance there was a period were it was advantageous for manufactures to put Nivaflex on the dial.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I did some thinking here,

Isn't it that most of the times an B or C brand has to put on their dial what makes their brand special!
    A brands doesn't need to do that.
    So I think that on more rare brands you might see these markings.
    I must say that I never ever saw the name of a spring manufacturer on a dial, same with hairspring producers, unless they are VERY special.
    Did you ever saw "hairspring by Brequet" on a dial? There are quite a few Ebauches with Brequet hairsprings......... also B and C brands used them!
    If I see something/remind me something I will let you know immediately
    If you find something I would like to know.....

regards,
    RJ van Melle.

Well, now that you mention it, I <have> seen pocket watches that state "Brequet hairspring" on the movement plates. And there are lots of Hamilton pocket watches that proclaim "Elinvar". For pocket watches, the movement plates are where the marketing statements get made, so I'd consider that comparable to a wristwatch stating "Nivaflex" on the dial.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

I saw it on an Enicar that is from the late 40's early 50's. It has a Enicar 960 movement (1020 on a 10.5''' plate). I was hoping to pin down the date.

Thread Information