Which 'No-Name' Chronograph 40s/50s was the best? Which movement was the best? - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which 'No-Name' Chronograph 40s/50s was the best? Which movement was the best?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Which 'No-Name' Chronograph 40s/50s was the best? Which movement was the best?

@ OP: if you're after tricompax chronographs, the Landeron edition is the (exceedingly rare) 42.

Best
    Tomcat
    After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

Patina: little pieces of history put on old watches and forgotten there by the maker of time

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

"Luxury watches - you acquire the right to take care of them, but they remain the property of their manufacturers."
    (Roland Ranfft)

Now available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader:

Tracks in a Blizzard - A (German) Christmas Ghost Story

Check me out on Facebook! / Visit us on Facebook! / Visit us in our living room!

Re: Which 'No-Name' Chronograph 40s/50s was the best? Which movement was the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1960 View Post
    And this makes them not-so-no-name
    But just as generic and a lot more expensive, even when new.
    gatorcpa

@ OP: if you're after tricompax chronographs, the Landeron edition is the (exceedingly rare) 42.

Best
    Tomcat
    Here's mine currently out getting serviced.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Which 'No-Name' Chronograph 40s/50s was the best? Which movement was the best?

Congratulations - these are rare as hens' teeth. While a Valoux 72 or a Venus 178 can be had at every corner (provided you have deep enough pockets) the L/42 needs luck to be found. I thoroughly envy you

@ OP: all said, if you wish to have 'The typical 40s'/50s' chronograph, look at 'sdasurrey's' collection: the L/48 family of cam-operated chronographs is the epitome for that era when affordable chronographs became icons of the mass market.

Best
    Tomcat
    Last edited by Tomcat1960; August 10th, 2014 at 04:40.
    After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

Patina: little pieces of history put on old watches and forgotten there by the maker of time

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

"Luxury watches - you acquire the right to take care of them, but they remain the property of their manufacturers."
    (Roland Ranfft)

Now available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader:

Tracks in a Blizzard - A (German) Christmas Ghost Story

Check me out on Facebook! / Visit us on Facebook! / Visit us in our living room!

Congratulations - these are rare as hens' teeth. While a Valoux 72 or a Venus 178 can be had at every corner (provided you have deep enough pockets) the L/42 needs luck to be found. I thoroughly envy you

@ OP: all said, if you wish to have 'The typical 40s'/50s' chronograph, look at 'sdasurrey's' collection: the L/48 family of cam-operated chronographs is the epitome for that era when affordable chronographs became icons of the mass market.

Best
    Tomcat
    I am just very put off with the gold casing. I´ll look in to it thanks
    Vintage Chronographs and Divers are my thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information