non omega pocket watch

Thread: non omega pocket watch

non omega pocket watch

Hi all before anybody says it, yes i know they is a pocket watch section, but as a poster on here thought i would give it a go as so many on here also collect pocket watches

so here is my late fathers pocket watch which is now my mothers, just wanted any info on this pocket watch. sorry about pics they were taken with mobile. on the movement it says STAUFFER, CXDE and think its a f or r F/RONDS. the the inside case it says FINE SILVER, WARRANTED AND SS&C and a number 38131

here are the bad pics

cheers joe.

Re: non omega pocket watch

think i might need to post this in pocket watch forum as well.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Looks like a moderately generic Swiss pocket watch from ca. 1830-1870, judging by the bridge layout. Cylindre escapement, a little pedestrian by modern standards but not at the time that was made when pin lever Roskopf watches were already available for the impecunious masses. Presumably from "La Chaux de Fonds", a famous watchmaking city, close to Le Locle. Ebel are still in La Chaux de Fonds and I think Omega started there (they moved to Biel early in their history).

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

pej

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Looks like a moderately generic Swiss pocket watch from ca. 1830-1870, judging by the bridge layout. Cylindre escapement, a little pedestrian by modern standards but not at the time that was made when pin lever Roskopf watches were already available for the impecunious masses. Presumably from "La Chaux de Fonds", a famous watchmaking city, close to Le Locle. Ebel are still in La Chaux de Fonds and I think Omega started there (they moved to Biel early in their history).

Hartmut Richter
    True, but dont forget Girard Perregaux, Movado and Heuer ;)

Thread Information