OBRA ?!old pocket watch

Thread: OBRA ?!old pocket watch

OBRA ?!old pocket watch

Hi,
    I got from neighbour one old pocket watch with name OBRA? I search on internet and I found nothing about this watch ?! This watch looking like DOXA but DOXA service said how this is not DOXA. If any of you knows more about this and how is old or anything else, please help, wish to know ! :)) Engraving is on French language? Wish to know more about hallmarks on this watch. Thank you a lot !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: OBRA ?!old pocket watch

Two possibles listed on Mikrolisk Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index other than that, I've not heard of Obra.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Obrecht, Adolf
    04/25/1866 Granges (SO), 28/10/1925 Melide, cath., Granges. Son of Peter, manufacturer, and Maria Schild. ∞ 1891 Matilda Ursula Schwendimann. Gifted for languages​​, O. made a commercial apprenticeship in 1888 and entered the business of his father, Obrecht and Co., which became, thanks to the two men, a Partnership (1892) and collective (1903) and finally anonymous (1914). She was one of the three major watch factories Granges, but went bankrupt in 1922. O. made a rapid military career: Captain Petty (1896), the Major Staff Division (1904), Lieutenant-Colonel (1909), Commissioner of War (1912). During the First World War, he was curator of the Army War (1914-1919). Chairman of the parish of Granges (1898-1917).

regards enrico

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I must admit that when I saw the movement, the first thing I thought was: Schild (Eterna).....

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    Two possibles listed on Mikrolisk Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index other than that, I've not heard of Obra.
    Thank you very much ! :)

Quote Originally Posted by eri231 View Post
    Obrecht, Adolf
    04/25/1866 Granges (SO), 28/10/1925 Melide, cath., Granges. Son of Peter, manufacturer, and Maria Schild. ∞ 1891 Matilda Ursula Schwendimann. Gifted for languages​​, O. made a commercial apprenticeship in 1888 and entered the business of his father, Obrecht and Co., which became, thanks to the two men, a Partnership (1892) and collective (1903) and finally anonymous (1914). She was one of the three major watch factories Granges, but went bankrupt in 1922. O. made a rapid military career: Captain Petty (1896), the Major Staff Division (1904), Lieutenant-Colonel (1909), Commissioner of War (1912). During the First World War, he was curator of the Army War (1914-1919). Chairman of the parish of Granges (1898-1917).

regards enrico
    Woow, thank you so much for this !
    Have to say that I am the one who don't know nothing about watches and with this site and help from here I discover new field of interests. My old neighbour who owning this watch will be happy to know history of this watch :) So, do someone know in what value level is this watch if we compare with other brands or years ? I mean on ranking ?
    Thanks one more time !

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Ranking? About medium for its time. The case is nothing special and looks like its all base metal and the movement has almost no finissage. On the other hand, it's from a period in which cheaper cylindre escapement or even cheaper pin lever escapement watches made up the bulk of the output. On top of that, the movement looks fully jewelled for its time (15 jewels, nowadays it's 17 with the centre wheel) so one really can't complain.

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Ranking? About medium for its time. The case is nothing special and looks like its all base metal and the movement has almost no finissage. On the other hand, it's from a period in which cheaper cylindre escapement or even cheaper pin lever escapement watches made up the bulk of the output. On top of that, the movement looks fully jewelled for its time (15 jewels, nowadays it's 17 with the centre wheel) so one really can't complain.

Hartmut Richter
    Thank you Hartmunt Richter ! We did't know how many jewels this watch has... he was repaired 2007 and till now working good :) So, this is cheap watch old about 100 or more years and still cheap ? well... he has better history life :)

Thread Information