Offered GP Gyromatic, opinions? - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Offered GP Gyromatic, opinions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Offered GP Gyromatic, opinions?

Whatever the end result, I'd like to commend finflyer for his efforts. Too often newcomers to these type of forums request help, but make little effort to research on their own. This, in contrast, is an example of how it should (ideally) be done, as the OP has added value to the thread.

Regards,

Tony C.
    Last edited by Tony C.; February 19th, 2017 at 23:02.
    badbackdan, Habitant and James A like this.

Yes, it does surprise me how many visitors don't appear to have search engines on their computers. This growing frustration with this laziness means that I've become reluctant to offer offer help as easily and freely as I once might have. A shame. As Tony says, he's added value to the thread by doing some mouse work first.

We toast you, finflyer, and wish you well with your watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C. View Post
    Whatever the end result, I'd like to commend finflyer for his efforts. Too often newcomers to these type of forums request help, but make little effort to research on their own. This, in contrast, is an example of how it should (ideally) be done, as the OP has added value to the thread.

Regards,

Tony C.
    Last edited by Habitant; February 20th, 2017 at 09:10.

Thank you all for opinions and compliments. Searching for info of this and other more or less related watches and other clues has taken quite many hours of googling with different approaches, and going through hundreds of links and images. Sometimes it's been quite frustrating, as this seems not to be a too common watch. And all the time there has been a question of the authenticity of the item. As I understand that none of you might have the exact information nor the time to search it, it was my duty to dig as much relevant information and present it for educated opinions.

My conclusion: probably the watch is authentic as there are two of them, timely and spacely separated. The movement (still has to see it's the same) is based on fairly common calibre with spare parts available. So, mostly the condition of the movement will define if it's a watch worth buying.

Big thanks,
    Vesa

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Which, as you rightly point out, is what most of us here have done, too, hours and hours and hours, and so you'll understand that people can get a bit snarky when some people don't even bother to try. Anyway, I agree, it's likely to be as it seems to be, authentic. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by finflyer View Post
    >SNIP… and other clues has taken quite many hours of googling with different approaches, and going through hundreds of links and images. Sometimes it's been quite frustrating, as this seems not to be a too common watch. And all the time there has been a question of the authenticity of the item. As I understand that none of you might have the exact information nor the time to search it, it was my duty to dig as much relevant information and present it for educated opinions. >SNIP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information