old Haller german pocket watch

Thread: old Haller german pocket watch

old Haller german pocket watch

Hi,
    I hope I am posting in the right place.
    I have recently found here in the uk a number of pocket watches,one being a large Haller pocket watch(there was a very small old Omega,I think and a Roamer 40s watch with a bonklip strap looks military)
    the Haller is approx 50mm across and has the word Foreign at the bottom.I cannot find out much re Hallers apart from they were taken over by kinziel in the late 1920s.I cannot figue how to open it to see what is inside.
    I have attached a photo so hopefully someone has seen one before/knows what year it is/what it is.
    thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: old Haller german pocket watch

I must say that "Foreign" makes me laugh a little. Considering that the dial says "Shock Proof" and that the brand was linked to Kienzle, I would say that there is a very high chance of a somewhat primitive Kienzle pin pallet movement inside. Something like this:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Kienzle 146/00e

The case back on these is usually completely detachable snap down back. Looks like a decent watch and seemingly in good condition. I would estimate post-WWII.

Hartmut Richter

Re: old Haller german pocket watch

Thanks Hartmut,
    Foreign is stamped on lots of stuff in england,they started doing it the late 1920s I think and I normally see it on old crockery and things like that(think it was a protect the home market sort of thing)
    Did Kienzle make watches/clocks marked Haller post WW2? As all I can find out is Haller were taken over by Kienzle in the late 1920s
    Link to Kienzle is useful,thank you.I will have another look at the case back
    Danny

Thread Information