An old Haste

Thread: An old Haste

An old Haste

In México was Haste, but I think in Europe was Edox.
    I don´'t know year, maybe latest 60s, Can you tellme about?Name:  DSC00144.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  124.0 KBATTACH]124106[/ATTACH]Name:  DSC00146.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  39.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: An old Haste

Hey Erpardo!

The style of the dial is quite similar to the seventies Tissot models, so it could be around that era. In Europe there's a brand called Edox in deed, not one of the top brands but a trusted swiss manufacturer. however it is quite rare to find Edox watches on eBay (there are mostly new ones) for example...

anyway, that is a nice lookin watch. fits perfectly to your collection!congrats
    -Blaise-

Hi Erpardo.
    I don´t think Haste (pronounced jaste in Spanish , jeist for Englishmen) and Edox were or are related in any way.

My guess with your watch is 70´s.

I ´ve been conducted some "research" on the topic as I have several vintage Haste . It was an interesting Mexican brand (not manufacture) particularly in the period of late 40´s -70´s . You will find some of them signed Buren or Leonidas inside , and some cronos I have , bear Valjoux and Venus calibers.
    Moreover, there are 70´s divers related to Jenny Caribbeans.

Hope this help.

Saluds

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Erpardo:

Nice watch and it does look like a 70’s style dial.

This is very interesting because I have a Haste chronograph but I couldn’t find anything about it. From the style of the dial and the flat pushers I figured it dated late 40s to mid 50’s, similar to others I have from that time period. The movement is marked Haste but from what I could find it might be a valjoux movement.

Did Haste stop, as so many others did, when the quartz watch phase took over?

Ralph
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's marked under the balance so you can check but your movement looks like a Valjoux 92.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw85705 View Post

Did Haste stop, as so many others did, when the quartz watch phase took over?
    Ralph

No, Haste still remains active . It is a very popular brand in Mexico. However, they are focused in low end quartz watches, maybe Japanese or Chinese . I think , the current owners have no relation at all with the former one (Mr. Henry Steele)

The movement is marked Haste but from what I could find it might be a valjoux movement.

Jim H is probably right, a Valjoux 92 . I have a one with a Valjoux 71 and other with a Valjoux 23.

Congrats, nice watch
    Last edited by Kingmatic; August 28th, 2008 at 20:55.

sorry dears.. i have need to ask you something.. i have an old haste about of 50's was made with gold and diamonds i need to know more or less how much could it cost
    thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by afrodita View Post
    sorry dears.. i have need to ask you something.. i have an old haste about of 50's was made with gold and diamonds i need to know more or less how much could it cost
    thanks for your help

No Internet valuations can be done with any accuracy. We have a sticky post at the top of the forum page saying as much.

That said, watches are worth no more or less than what someone will pay for them. That is usually far less than most people think. When you buy a watch, you are buying retail. When you sell, you are selling wholesale.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information