Older watch with german markings and unreadable name
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Emre
  • 1 Post By david1994
  • 1 Post By Hartmut Richter

Thread: Older watch with german markings and unreadable name

Question Older watch with german markings and unreadable name

Hi, im new at this forum as well in collecting pocket watches. Someone has asked me to find their watch and verify it's price, but has sent me blurry images and i can't read the name. However i did find the german marking and the 0,3?? markings quite readable. Also there are inscriptions on the back, but in my research i didnt find any of the maker, merely the mechanism type and so on. Please if there is anyone that would help me with this problem i wuold be wery grateful. p.s. the owner says he gave it estimated and it's worth 10000 euros.
    Thanks again, regards.

Name:  20140923_202749.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  128.1 KBName:  20140925_101030.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  103.4 KBName:  20140925_101045.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  130.5 KBName:  20140925_101121.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  109.5 KBName:  20140925_101135.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  127.8 KBName:  Bez naslova.png
Views: 218
Size:  5.2 KB
    Last edited by david1994; October 4th, 2014 at 16:59.

Re: Older watch with german markings and unreadable name

It looks like Onorina to me - see Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index

But I've not heard of it as a brand. We cannot and will not give you a valuation in here - see stickies - but obscure brands of pocket watches don't tend to fetch much in the market place.

Someone else may be familiar with the brand of course.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Thank you a lot for the fast feedback, i was only looking for the price range, definitely not a fixed price, but yes i understand, my error.
    Maby if there are some more information, just for research purposes.
    I am quite amazed by the fast and good response, i do have a few pocket watches of mine that i have trouble finding information about or the collectable value (is it worth only as a decoration or it has collectable value , i dont need prices just let say rare or common...).
    If you or someone else could help me out i'd be very grateful.
    In the purpose of not starting new threads, i woluld like to post it here in the same thread so it can be all together.
    Thank you again, regards.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok, after a brief photoshoot, im back to post what i know, i have the union s.a. soleure that runs perfectly but it han absolutely no markings or engravings as the other watches of this manufacturer do, so i dont know if this is a copy. And i have molnija that does not run and i went to a repair shop and got the answer that it has to get the balance spring stud replaced (i think this is it as english isn't my native language), and of course the crown isnt original , as the crown was missing i took a old quartz crown from a completly destroyed watch.
    It is really hard to get people from my place that know something about pocket watches, except the few watch repair guys that only change batteries...
    So thank you again for your time and i hope that i will also be in position to give advice to someoone regarding pocket watches.
    Regards.

Union S.A. Soleure:
    Name:  IMG_20140926_231504.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  193.4 KBName:  IMG_20140926_231517.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  190.5 KBName:  IMG_20140926_231616.jpg
Size:  230.9 KBName:  IMG_20140926_232037.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  229.1 KBName:  IMG_20140926_232048.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  251.8 KBName:  IMG_20140926_232053.jpg
Size:  256.4 KB
    I found that it could be swiss.

Molnija:
    Name:  IMG_20140926_232141.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  221.8 KBName:  IMG_20140926_232147.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  225.7 KBName:  IMG_20140926_232209.jpg
Size:  271.3 KB
    This one is russian of course.

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Hi, I don't know much about pocket watches, but that Union is a very handsome piece, great dial and very beautiful Art Deco engraving on the case back. Late 1920's-early 1930's?
    The Molnia looks around the same age to me, but what do I know? It's a nice watch, but it looks like an inexpensive one. Pressed case rather than engraved.

That very first watch 10,000 euro?uhuhhh,you can buy that brand and resurrect and manufacture watches with that amount.Whoever the seller is,stay away from him.Unless there is a 1 minute tourbillon in that watch case,which I doubt in a poor karat case.

Union Soleure,looks very nice and clean movement so does the Molnija.I am not aware of a movement serial numbers dating system of Molnija,but again I am not into Russian watches,maybe someone else knows more.

This is an international forum,so you might be surprised from how many different countries members are lurking here.If you mention in which part of the world you are living,someone might be able to recommend you a watchmaker around you which is good to know if you fell into this vintage watches rabbit hole.
    James A likes this.

Hi again and thank you all for replying!
    I went back on the web to rediscover the things i forgot to include to the thread that could be somewhat helpful.

Here are the links:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/uni...on-504823.html
    http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/9/1...6077762_tp.jpg
    http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/9/1...6077303_tp.jpg
    Union S.A. Soleure Precision Pocket Watch OF 17J Swiss All St Steel Ca 1930's | eBay
    D
    http://www.mijakic.com/slike/satovi/molnia.jpg
    http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTQ2OFgxNjAw/z/EDEAAOSw7NNUIqM5/$_57.JPG
    http://nht.no.sapo.pt/Relogios/actua...203602_2_a.JPG
    Molnija -
    Home - AbslomRob's Watch Collection
    http://zegarki.org.pl/photos/zegarek...2606784543.jpg
    Molnija-d
    Srebrno
    http://777pictures.com/Molnija_pocket_14_1.jpg

As you can see there are some union watches out there and some of them do have markings, others don't, also there is a thread from this forum regarding a union watch but not of this type, i did find the pictures of union watches but never this one, which is strange.
    About the molnia there is more information especially here in croatia, because of the previous connection with the ussr, as i see it there are two types of identically looking molnias, one is with normal lettering and/or with a pressed pattern that looks a bit more stylish (i could not find it with a red face, but i seen it) and the other is with script lettering anl looking like cyrilic, with normal lid (you can see the pressed texture from the front).

Some links are infact in croatian, don't let that bother you , you can use translate but the important facts i belive any watch enthusiast can read in any language.

Thanks again, regards.
    Last edited by david1994; October 4th, 2014 at 17:00.
    bobbee likes this.

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Quote Originally Posted by david1994 View Post
    About the 10000 euro one , i knew it wasn't worth as much, i don't know maby i would say the tenth of that price, i just wanted to proove the owner the truth so he doesn't enter any unconfortable situations with expert pocket watch collectors, and of course proove him wrong :)
    More like a tenth of a tenth of that price!
    Bob.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Now we're getting into the right sort of price range!

The Union has an Unitas movement, probably a Cal. 30 derivative (third picture in the link):

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Unitas 30

Hartmut Richter
    bobbee likes this.

Thread Information