Olma 17Jewels Incabloc
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eeeb

Thread: Olma 17Jewels Incabloc

Olma 17Jewels Incabloc

Hi,
    I'm new here and don't know anything about watches.
    But I found this watch a few years ago on the street and then I lost it back again in my desk.. But now I have it back and was wondering if someone could tell me anything about the watch. It looks vintage and I did some searching on the internet and there I found out that these watches were made around the 60's.
    The back says it's stainless steel, waterresistant, antimagnetic, incabloc, swiss made.
    I tried to open the watch to take a picture, but I have no clue how to do it and I don't wan't to ruin the watch.

Can anyone tell me something more about it? Should I clean it up, sell it, throw away,..?

Thank you for your respons,
    Maarten

Name:  2013-01-06 15.44.19.jpg
Views: 2462
Size:  565.2 KBName:  2013-01-06 15.44.33.jpg
Views: 1990
Size:  578.1 KB

Re: Olma 17Jewels Incabloc

There are special case wrenches which can be used to open the caseback. You can find them on eBay. A movement pic would be necessary to provide much information on these 'un-brand' watches as little else exists. A movement pic can provide approximate dating and insight into the basic quality of the watch.

The dial style looks 60's to me. A new crystal and some time polishing (and a service!!) would make this very wearable!

These kinds of vintage bring no real prestige to the wearer but almost no one ever notices what you are wearing EXCEPT YOURSELF! I like wearing these vintage pieces. They give me joy. I like looking at my wrist (and often don't even notice the actual time ). If you like it, fix it up and wear it.
    redcow likes this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thank you for your information.
    I will try and open it up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have two Olma watches, one with ETA 2750, and the other one with FHF, the case back is very similar to yours.

Name:  IMG_0126.jpg
Views: 2868
Size:  656.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0132.jpg
Views: 2681
Size:  292.5 KB

It is worth to note that Olma is still in existence today, targeted towards asia market. They house eta movements, notably the models with power reserve.

Thread Information