Omega 2505-9 30T2
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mkws

Thread: Omega 2505-9 30T2

Omega 2505-9 30T2

Hey guys, I was interested in getting a 30T2 for a long time, I love the ones with the circle that goes around and connects the hour markers be them arabic or latin numerals (what's this ring called), but here's one without this ring. It is still quite beautiful although not my dream one. For the condition though I think it will be a lovely watch to own. Before making a bid, I wondered what you guys think? I couldn't find any online with this exact dial so I wasn't sure it it's entirely original. I would love to hear your thoughts :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Jum...9260%7Ciid%3A1

Thank you, Ollie

Re: Omega 2505-9 30T2

I think you might want to wait for one with an original dial. Especially at that price.

Gotta love the sneaky listing language BTW. Original crown, original buckle ... silver dial (no "original" mentioned).
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Both a redial and a franken. The 2505 should either have the cal.265 or 266 inside, this is an ordinary, non-shockproof 30T2.
    bubba48 likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh wow thank you! I will keep my eye out on these details in future, I hadn't even considered the movement might be wrong just the dial. I am always looking for one of these, good condition ones come up so rarely, sometimes it's tempting not to wait, but I'm glad I came here first this time :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
    I think you might want to wait for one with an original dial. Especially at that price.

Gotta love the sneaky listing language BTW. Original crown, original buckle ... silver dial (no "original" mentioned).
    Yes quite, that slipped me too! I've been building my small collection for 3 years now, so I'd like to think I'm pretty good judge, but that was a big giveaway! haha :)

Thanks for commenting

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

A ring connecting the hour markers? You mean the double ring with the minute markings? That's called a railway minuterie.....

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    A ring connecting the hour markers? You mean the double ring with the minute markings? That's called a railway minuterie.....

Hartmut Richter
    Hey thanks for the reply, I mean like the watch in this advert: https://brusselsvintagewatches.com/e...dial-ref-2390/

or this one: https://www.mywatchmart.com/listing/...fic-dial-1995/

Thank you

Ollie :)

This one is - on the contrary to the text in the listing - not a Seamaster.

And this one is a rather dreadful redial. The Omega logo doesn't look right, the font is far too heavy, finally there are T markings for tritium (the hell are they doing on a 1940s non-lumed watch?!) by the "Swiss Made." Yikes.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mkws View Post
    This one is - on the contrary to the text in the listing - not a Seamaster.

And this one is a rather dreadful redial. The Omega logo doesn't look right, the font is far too heavy, finally there are T markings for tritium (the hell are they doing on a 1940s non-lumed watch?!) by the "Swiss Made." Yikes.

Thank you for your response, but the purpose of that post of mine was simply to see if someone knew the name of the two tone ring that does around connected the numbers, it's often found on a lot of these 30T2s but I wonder if there's a specific term that can reduce my search results so I only find ones with these dials.

thank you,

Ollie :)

You can try to search under sector dial, but I think you will probably miss a lot of them that way. Not every seller will use that term.

That watch is only 33mm by the way.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Thread Information