Omega 560 run time
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Omega 560 run time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Omega 560 run time

I recently picked up a omega seamaster deville with a 560 movement. The seller said it was fully serviced.

Im wondering how long my watch should run for just sitting?

Mine seems to die anywhere from 2-12hrs of sitting after a full day of wearing.

Thanks
    Tony

Omega 560 run time

Hi tony
    A well serviced, fully wound, watch should run for about 40hrs. It may not get fully wound on your wrist, especially if you have a desk job. You can manually wind it, lets say 30-40 180 degree turns will do it.

Often eBay sellers say it is serviced, when it hasn't been properly serviced. You should assume all newly purchased vintage watches will need a service.

Btw, can we see pics!
    Thanks
    Daniel

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Re: Omega 560 run time

wind it up first then wear it and see what it does

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Tony,

Quote Originally Posted by hatebreedx View Post
    Mine seems to die anywhere from 2-12hrs of sitting after a full day of wearing.
    Better return it before it finally dies. After a service the power reserve should be at least 50 hours, c.f. here: bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Omega 560
    These movements wind pretty efficiently and need no air-hammer operation to wind sufficiently - average bureau activities with tiny sleep periodes now and then make them happy.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    Last edited by Roland Ranfft; December 20th, 2012 at 03:46.

When you say 30-40 180 turns you mean pull the crown out and wind it? Forgive me i am new to the vintage watch scene and dont want to damage it by being stupid

I will try to find a shop near me that can service it then. Would rather that than send it back.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes wind it till you hear it clicking, 40 full turns of the crown, its an auto so you will not be able to overwind it. Its a good looking piece so worth keeping and if you do need to send it for a service its piece of mind.

I am very happy with it :)

Its really opened up theflood gates to starting a vintage collection though

Bought 3 more over the last 2 weeks lol
    joeuk likes this.

Omega 560 run time

That is definitely a beauty! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone to the interwebs and straight to your brain using Tapatalk

Hi Tony,

i am new to the vintage watch scene and dont want to damage it by being stupid
    A good approach. It would be the stupidity of the designer, not yours, if you damage the watch by operating the crown. Most things of daily use are designed to make it impossible to damage them by wrong operation, but some mechanical watches belong not to these intelligent designed things. Especially date setting mechanisms are not idiot proof, although it needs no reasonable intelligence to design them right. But your Omega has no quickset date - no danger though. You can wind and set it until your fingers become bloody.

I will try to find a shop near me that can service it then. Would rather that than send it back.
    A good idea. My first response refered to the many rotten ruins or painted cadavers presently offered everywhere. But if your pics don't lie due to the tiny sizes, your watch is one of the exceptions to the rule. So a watchmaker experienced on "old iron" should get it properly running. Omega runs a restrictive parts policy, but such guys usually have contacts to circumvent these restrictions, and almost all parts are still available. The path between Omega and a watch became complicated and accordingly expensive, but it is not shut up.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    Last edited by Roland Ranfft; December 21st, 2012 at 00:52.

Thanks all. I figured i couldnt hurt it but wanted to make sure. The 3 new ones im waiting for are all untouched or serviced so i will have to find a good shop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information