Omega art deco vintage
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Omega art deco vintage

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Omega art deco vintage

Hi!

This one got my attention. Any insights about it? Is it real? Date? Thanks!

with regards to details it is believed to be from 70's 80's. Measures 35mm w/o crown

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Omega art deco vintage

I am not an Omega expert but it looks like the 1950s to me. The inside case back should have a reference number which can be used to get details from Omega's archive website.
    Sdasurrey likes this.

Same here-- no expert, but no way that is 70-80's. I agree with Paleo, probably 50's, probably a redial, and second hand just looks wrong to me.
    Sdasurrey and busmatt like this.
    Stowa 1938 | Speedy Pro 311 | Omega SMPc | 66 Omega SM | 65 Omega Cosmic | 54 Omega SM | 72 Speedy Mark II | 69 Tissot T.12 | 70 Tissot Super T.12 | 70 Seiko 6139 | 71 Seiko Yachtman | 77 Seiko Pogue | 70s Seiko Bullhead | 69 Bulova SK | Ventus Mori | Helm Khuraburi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Omega art deco vintage

Also not really 'art deco' - I would add the 50s as others have suggested makes sense because that was an era of more 'two-tone' dials generally - but I wouldn't be surprised by a redial .....S

Sent from SDA's iPhone using Tapatalk
    busmatt likes this.
    'Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.' -- Slim Pickens as Major T.J. 'King' Kong, Dr. Strangelove 1964

__________________________________________________ __________
    My 'Show-Piece' - Zenith El Primero 'Red' Captain Ltd Edition #255/500
    My 'Grails' - 1920s & 1930s 18ct Gold Eberhard Monopusher chronos - with a Valjioux 65 movements
    My 'Fav' 1917 Silver Moser Trench
    Various vintage watches - Trench-style, Art Deco & 20s-50s chronographs - especially Eberhard & Longines

The movement's a 283:
    bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Omega 283
    It was manufactured 1940-1963, which basically already proves it's not 70s-80s.
    The way I see it, is that it's a redial. It's simply too-good-to-be-true.
    The seconds hand is inconsistent with the style of the watch- probably was replaced at some point. Now, if it was replaced, there must have been a reason for it. One I can think of is general bad condition of the dial and hands. That said, it's even more likely it is a redial indeed. If you can get the ref. number from the caseback, you can compare the watch with what the Omega vintage watch database comes up with- but keep in mind, that they haven't got a photo for all models in the database.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

All the hands look incorrect
    And everything else :D Smth is wrong with it. Dial looks like it does not belong to the case.
    Could You get a backplate inside photo, with case ref. number?
    Sdasurrey and busmatt like this.
    Chaos is my focus

I think there is a chance the dial is original. Serial number dates watch to late 1940's. Blued seconds hands were used by Omega at that time.

Hour and minutes hands may or may not be original. Case looks strange for Omega, but if there is a case reference number and/or Omega triangle inside, it could be all good.

There is just not enough information from the photographs to be sure of anything.
    gatorcpa

The movement is from the late 1940's and the dial is not original or it must have come from a different watch as it's in way to good condition compared to the movement that is in poor condition. The hour and minute hands are from the 1950's and the second hand looks to be of a watch from the 1960-1970's as it's a little thick.
    Last edited by Shum; February 13th, 2015 at 22:24.
    busmatt likes this.

As for dial, I have seen this before
    If that is a redial, it is damn crazy good one
    busmatt likes this.
    Chaos is my focus

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Definitely a redial IMO: they slipped up on the "20" at 4:00. Still, I agree - a damn good redial otherwise.

Hartmut Richter
    busmatt and Habitant like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information