Omega cal 30t2 with silver case
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By eldridge
  • 1 Post By 707mm2
  • 1 Post By TheCowWatcher

Thread: Omega cal 30t2 with silver case

Omega cal 30t2 with silver case

Hi All,

I have a very nice incoming omega cal 30t2 which dates to about 1939 which is in a sterling silver hallmarked case dated 1941.

But just wondered how common or rare are these silver cases,as I cant seem to see one on Google?.....apart from this watch that was auctioned,but for some reason relisted where I happened to purchase it.

Many thanks

Lee
    Attached Images Attached Images

busmatt likes this.

Re: Omega cal 30t2 with silver case

Hi,
    From my personal experience, this design is quite rare for a silver case, most of the silver cases I've seen for wristwatches were pre-war "cushion" type from the 1920s-1930s or simpler transitional designs with wire lugs from the 1910s. during the war, only some pieces made specially for underwater commandos come to mind (some Longines cased by Dennison too if I remember well).

Beautiful watch, love it ! :)
    busmatt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by eldridge View Post
    Hi All,

I have a very nice incoming omega cal 30t2 which dates to about 1939 which is in a sterling silver hallmarked case dated 1941.

But just wondered how common or rare are these silver cases,as I cant seem to see one on Google?.....apart from this watch that was auctioned,but for some reason relisted where I happened to purchase it.

Many thanks

Lee
    Don't let the relist scare you. I had someone win one of my watches and instantly started messaging me weird questions. They didn't read the description also. Obvious scammer so I relisted right away.

Beautiful piece though!
    busmatt likes this.

Thread Information