Omega Cal. 751, setting day/date question

Thread: Omega Cal. 751, setting day/date question

Omega Cal. 751, setting day/date question

a question for you vintage Omega buffs. I just got a vintage connie with the 751 day/date calibre (i know, useless thread with out pics...i'm working on it).

what is the proper way to set the day and date? Thank you.

Banned

Re: Omega Cal. 751, setting day/date question

The date is quick set can be changed by pulling and pushing the crown, but the day can only be done by rotating the hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    The date is quick set can be changed by pulling and pushing the crown, but the day can only be done by rotating the hands.
    Is that really true with the 751 that has D/D feature-that the date is still changed by push-pull? [I only ask becasue I have a a sm and I think the push-pull is broken but I can change the day by turning counterCW in position 3 while the date I change by advance/retreat.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaBaeker View Post
    Is that really true with the 751 that has D/D feature-that the date is still changed by push-pull?
    Yep, I have a Seamaster 751 that works this way. There was another post about this a few months back - let me see if I can find it.

Bingo!: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/751...on-465158.html
    Last edited by ulackfocus; December 8th, 2010 at 13:44.

Hi ladies,

the kind of calendar setting is almost always mentioned in my movement archive:
    bidfun-db Omega_751: Omega 751

If nothing is mentioned, there is no special setting, and you can only increment or decrement
    day and/or date by turning the hands 24 hours forth or back respectively.

Unfortunately the quickset corrector of the Omega 562-566, 750-752 is pretty fragile and
    accordingly often broken. Morever this tiny part is often shot into a high orbit, and simply
    missing.

The part is still available or more precisely reproduced by Omega, and accordingly very
    expensive - in bare figures more than a used bare movement. So don't pay too much for
    a sample with not functioning quickset.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Ranfft View Post

Unfortunately the quickset corrector of the Omega 562-566, 750-752 is pretty fragile and
    accordingly often broken. Morever this tiny part is often shot into a high orbit, and simply
    missing.

The part is still available or more precisely reproduced by Omega, and accordingly very
    expensive - in bare figures more than a used bare movement. So don't pay too much for
    a sample with not functioning quickset.

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    When I received my watch the push-pull function worked fine. Then it broke-as you say-fragile, I suppose. I continued to set the date by advancing the full 24hr repeat cycle until a post came up about the Omega cal.564 date setting. In answering that OP I went to my 'broken' cal 564 and just for the hell of it tried the advance to'2'/retreat to '10' method and low and behold-it worked! Then out of curiosity I tried the same thng on my connie cal 551 which I thought had no quik-set function at all and it too worked with advance/retreat. I posted this info but nobody responded because either they knew already or it wasnt that interesting. So-to this day I'm not really sure if the advance/retreat is built into all cal 5xx's after a certain point (55x's and up?) and even if they have the feature which allows push-pull setting. Whatever the case I was certainly glad to not have to service another vintage Constellation until it really needs it.
    Last edited by DaBaeker; December 9th, 2010 at 07:11.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Hi DaBaeker,

in all date versions of the 550 family the date can be advanced by setting the hands forth
    and back some 3 hours, between 21 and 24h though, if the hands are mounted correctly.

The quickset feature of the 563...565 and 750...752 was just added without major changes
    within the date mechanism. If the corrector is missing or broken, you can still use the
    feature of the former 560...562.

However, better check your Conny once more: If 551 is written on the movement it was
    composed from the material box. The 551 has no date.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Thread Information