Omega F300 Seamaster Chronometer Cone (crown at 2 ) - brushed bezel or not?

Thread: Omega F300 Seamaster Chronometer Cone (crown at 2 ) - brushed bezel or not?

Omega F300 Seamaster Chronometer Cone (crown at 2 ) - brushed bezel or not?

Query: This regards the Omega F300 Seamaster Chronographer (cone case, crown at 2).

This is reference 198.0012. Did this model originally have a brushed bezel like the version with the crown at 3? All of the references to the brushing I have seen seem to indicate the 3 o'clock version, and Omega's own vintage site shows the 2 version with a polished bezel (picture attached).

Even as for the 3 o'clock, it's hard for me to believe that almost every example of the sunburst was ground to mirror - or that any significant number ever was so polished down (this is accentuated by my casual observation that many Tissot Siderals had the same brushing on their bezels yet are never seen in polished condition).

My suspicion is that as with a lot of things, there may have been a detail changes during production (more obvious ones being the relocation of the crown to 3 and the use of an integral-bracelet frame.

Does anyone have an actual reference for the 2pm?

Thanks!
    D
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by dstella; December 15th, 2011 at 00:48.

Re: Omega F300 Seamaster Chronometer Cone (crown at 2 ) - brushed bezel or not?

Anyone? Bueller?

The crown at 2 version is uncommon and I can't pull from memory a description. That said, I strongly suspect the polished case is original... it would have been a lot of work to get one looking this good!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, one just arrived, and it's actually a little of each - it has a microscopic brushing to it that could be mistaken for mirror polish from more than a couple of inches away. This model also has some other interesting quirks, like a plexiglas flat crystal and some kind of pre-SuperLuminova light-sensitive luminous material on the dial and hands. Dial is a vertical brushed grey metal. I call it the Vader Edition.

D
    Last edited by dstella; December 26th, 2011 at 23:01.

Thread Information