Omega gold pocket watch& 1 moonphase pocket watch. Value and info?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By H-M

Thread: Omega gold pocket watch& 1 moonphase pocket watch. Value and info?

H-M

Omega gold pocket watch& 1 moonphase pocket watch. Value and info?

My mother just passed away and this weekend we decided to see whats in her bank safe. We found four old pocket watches but I guess these two are the most valuables among them. My guess is they are note rare. Watches was a common gift on birthdays for example

One gold Omega from the year 1923 and one in silver with a more sophisticated front like moonphase, date and month. Cant see any markings on the silver one. Any ideas about value and history

Regards H.M
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by H-M; October 3rd, 2010 at 08:45.
    Millsys Watches likes this.

Re: Omega gold pocket watch& 1 moonphase pocket watch. Value and info?

Hej H-M

First, we do not do valuations here as it is not possible without having the watch in hand. However, we would be able to tell you more about your watches if you show the movement inside including serial numbers (movement, not case) and the markings on inner caseback. The second watch you showed looks to be a high grade watch. Don't sell these off on Ebay until you know what you have. I would suggest, unless you need to sell, keep the watches in the family as an heirloom. They are beutiful items in their original boxes, highly desirable.
    Last edited by Erik_H; October 2nd, 2010 at 17:18.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Banned

Definitely agree that eBay is NOT the place for them. There isn't much of a market for pocket watches anymore, but they both are much better than average examples. You might want to find a reputable watchmaker to have a look at them. Are you really looking to sell them or just wondering about them?

ps - here's a little tutorial on how to look up similar watches that have recently sold on eBay: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f295/ho...ch-436469.html
    Last edited by ulackfocus; October 2nd, 2010 at 17:25.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

H-M

Thank you both for good advice. Selling is not an option right now. Im more interested in what kind of watches they are. What kind of movements etc. After all they belonged to my grandfathers given to them on even birthdays from friends

Next week I'll be back with some close up pictures on the movement ( if possible). Maybe you can help me more then?

Regards

H-M

Thread Information