Omega Seamaster 600 Cal. 601 Ref: 135.00011
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mkws
  • 1 Post By Alruts

Thread: Omega Seamaster 600 Cal. 601 Ref: 135.00011

Omega Seamaster 600 Cal. 601 Ref: 135.00011

Hi, I bought this old Omega in Norway in January. Some questions regarding Ref number, stamped in the back is 135.00011. Have not found anything related to triple 0's on the net. Some Scandinavian market model? Also, the dial puzzles me. Have only come across one more with 3-6-9-12 dial, one that was for sale in Denmark. Anybody who has some info on this? Or is it some Frankenwatch?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Omega Seamaster 600 Cal. 601 Ref: 135.00011

Any Omega could have quite a few dial variants, with the Seamaster 600 being no exception. But in this watch, two things immediately stand out as odd:

1. Paint seems to creep up the markers (or is it just the way the light is reflecting off of the sides of the markers)- possibly a redial.

2. All Seamaster 600 case backs that I've seen were signed "135.011". Why would it be stamped "135.00011", I don't know. Could have been tampered with, but it just may be, that it's some oddity in numbering system, and Omega did have a few of these.
    Although they were pro maiori parte large intervals between movement and case production dates (before ca. 1944-1946 switch to case referencing system, and later in the 1960s-1970s the Speedmaster movements and cases could come from different batches of parts).

Does the watch have a Seamaster logo on the back? Because if it doesn't, then the watch is likely to be a redialed Geneve, not a Seamaster. Ref. 135.011 was shared between the Geneve and Seamaster collections, and with the latter being a wee bit more collectible, many Geneves with that reference were "converted" into Seamasters.
    busmatt likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Re: Omega Seamaster 600 Cal. 601 Ref: 135.00011

Hi,thx for your reply. Actually, it is the light combined with phone camera that does it. The watch is in for service now, and we looked at the dial through 10X magnification and the numbers and markers are clean. I noticed this after enlarging the photo myself, that's why I asked him to check. The Watchmaker said the dial looked un-touched, but Crystal had been replaced sometime down the line. When I first opened the back, the seal came out as black, dry powder (you'll see it in the pics) so it must have been quite a while ago. And yes, the Seamaster logo is on the back. As far as I know, Longines had a special Nordic market Sport Chief at the same time, that's why I wondered about this being similar.
    busmatt likes this.

Thread Information