Omega Seamaster De Ville. Looks legit?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By carbonisotope
  • 1 Post By Tomcat1960

Thread: Omega Seamaster De Ville. Looks legit?

Omega Seamaster De Ville. Looks legit?

Is there a section on this forum dedicated to question asking about if a watch is real or fake? If so, do link me. Didn't know If Im supposed to put this in Vintage or the Omega sub forum. I decided this section.

Anyway, to the question on hand. Does this look legit to you? No info about numbers or anything. Since the person havent opened it or anything. And theres a printed text in the back (thanking the person for work well done over a long period of time).

If I wanted to change the back of the case (dont know english word for it) would it be hard to find a new one?
    Last edited by carbonisotope; August 7th, 2014 at 20:17.
    busmatt and bobbee like this.

Re: Omega Seamaster De Ville. Looks legit?

Looks ok to me, bad luck on the case back thoug this is a monocoque case so you'd need a whole new case unless it can be polished out.

Matt
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

Quote Originally Posted by busmatt View Post
    Looks ok to me, bad luck on the case back thoug this is a monocoque case so you'd need a whole new case unless it can be polished out.

Matt
    Thanks Matt.

I guess it wouldn't be That big of a deal if I could get it at a nice price.

...I think lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's not that a bad text on the back and is for work well done for this Fellowship.
    Kungliga Patriotiska Sällskapet

Quote Originally Posted by Shum View Post
    It's not that a bad text on the back and is for work well done for this Fellowship.
    Kungliga Patriotiska Sällskapet
    Synd bara att det var ett specifikt namn hehe.

But I dont think It's going to bother be Too much is the price stays decently low.

According to 'Omega - Journey Through Time' (where a full chapter is devoted to the deVille series of fashionable watches) the deVille was initiated in 1960, to complement the Seamaster series of more sporty watches with a very slim, elegant model, "... with the Monocoque case ... with the slant bottom, a robust, waterproof model and a round, square, cambered-rectangular watch with manual or auto-wind, with or without second, with or without date, a fine watch for nights out." In the beginning it was designated 'Seamaster' with 'deVille' only used in paper work, advertising etc., only in 1963 the dials had 'Seamaster deVille' printed on them. Over time, the mounted 'Omega' lettering was replaced by a printed one, and from 1967 the 'Seamaster' designation was dropped altogether, the watches named "deVille" henceforth.

Unfortunately, 'Journey' shows only automatic early deVilles, but I take it your's is stilll genuine. Don't worry too much about the engraving on the back - it is part of the watch's history and adds to its charm. (I should make it a business of mine to try and find out who this 'A. Persson' was, anyway. )

Best,
    Tomcat
    Shum likes this.
    After all's been said and done, there's a lot more said than done...

Patina: little pieces of history put on old watches and forgotten there by the maker of time

"Miracles?", he asked. "Forget about miracles. Those who walk on water just know where the stepstones are."

"Luxury watches - you acquire the right to take care of them, but they remain the property of their manufacturers."
    (Roland Ranfft)

Now available for your Kindle or Kindle Reader:

Tracks in a Blizzard - A (German) Christmas Ghost Story

Check me out on Facebook! / Visit us on Facebook! / Visit us in our living room!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat1960 View Post
    According to 'Omega - Journey Through Time' (where a full chapter is devoted to the deVille series of fashionable watches) the deVille was initiated in 1960, to complement the Seamaster series of more sporty watches with a very slim, elegant model, "... with the Monocoque case ... with the slant bottom, a robust, waterproof model and a round, square, cambered-rectangular watch with manual or auto-wind, with or without second, with or without date, a fine watch for nights out." In the beginning it was designated 'Seamaster' with 'deVille' only used in paper work, advertising etc., only in 1963 the dials had 'Seamaster deVille' printed on them. Over time, the mounted 'Omega' lettering was replaced by a printed one, and from 1967 the 'Seamaster' designation was dropped altogether, the watches named "deVille" henceforth.

Unfortunately, 'Journey' shows only automatic early deVilles, but I take it your's is stilll genuine. Don't worry too much about the engraving on the back - it is part of the watch's history and adds to its charm. (I should make it a business of mine to try and find out who this 'A. Persson' was, anyway. )

Best,
    Tomcat

Thank you for that informative response kind sir!

Im as I mentioned before a total novice when It comes to watches. But there are at the moment two ones that I really want; Omega seamaster De ville and a Breitling Geneve.

So I will bid on this one because of you Tom! :D

Thread Information