Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Akkorn
  • 2 Post By mkws
  • 1 Post By mkws
  • 2 Post By v8chrono
  • 1 Post By georges zaslavsky

Thread: Omega Seamaster Deville

Omega Seamaster Deville

Hi Everyone, I just acquired this Seamaster Deville. Anyone know about what year it was made? And what caliber it would have? Also, does anyone know of a good watchmaker in the Cincinnati Ohio area to take it for service or should I send it to Omega? Here are some photos. The crystal is signed also. Between the lugs is "14K Gold", but there's another word I can't make out because of the band.

Name:  omega sd-5.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  435.2 KBName:  omega sd-2.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  242.3 KBName:  omega sd-3.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  335.7 KBName:  omega sd-4.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  337.1 KB

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    joeuk likes this.
    Akkorn "Time After Time" Zodiac Goldenline Chronometre Automatic, Girard Perregaux, Tag Heuer
    professional, Gruen "Bond 510", Enicar, Bulova, Benrus, Sovereign, Westclox, Elgin Pocket, Cyma pocket Seiko, Gruen, Cyma pocket Seiko

Nice watch

Re: Omega Seamaster Deville

Nice watch

Judging by the wear of the gold on the lugs, it might have said 14kt Gold Plated or Gold Filled

The watch is what is known as a top loader where the crystal has to come out to access the movement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Don't send it to Omega- they'll charge $1K, and likely polish the case to the death of it.

Obviously, in order to find out the year of manufacture, you'll have to access the movement, as without the serial number (located on the movement alright) finding out the year is impossible.

Journeyforce is right- as Seamaster De Ville models usually do, it has a typical unishell aka "top loader" case, where the movement is accessed through the front. To access the movement, first the split stem has to be removed, then using a special pump- the crystal has to be forced out by increasing the air pressure in the case. Better don't try doing that yourself.

Case material indication ("14K gold") indicates and American market piece, as only these had the case material marked on the outside. I as well am curious, if there is "plated" or "filled" after "14K gold", as the case looks worn, with a lot of pitting to the case back- however, I see no obvious brassing. If there is no "plated" or "filled" there, that would mean it's solid gold.
    busmatt and georges zaslavsky like this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

I took it to be gold plated or gold filled due to the wear on the top of the lugs (most especially the bottom left lug)

It still is a nice watch
    Attached Images Attached Images

Missed that lug... Gold-filled, then- as can be expected of a US market model.
    busmatt likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

As I understand this model was made for a few years during the mid sixties? From 1962 to 67 something like that. Fitted with an excellent 550 series auto I expect.
    georges zaslavsky and busmatt like this.

If you want a quality repair then go with bob ridley. Omega Bienne are just overcharging their customers for beyond medicore and not period correct restorations
    busmatt likes this.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Thread Information