Omega seamaster geneve
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Omega seamaster geneve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Omega seamaster geneve

I have been handed down a few watches. Most of these hold no real monetary value but do hold sentimental value so they will be kept by me in their not so great condition buy get a service so I can wear.them.

However one of them is an omega with 'seamaster' on the back and 'omega automatic geneve' on the front and I believe it to be a gold watch. It's in a bit of a mess though as the glass has come off, the hands are missing and the dial is very scratched, oh and the bezel is missing!!! Good news is that as far as I can tell the movement is functioning!

Ideally I'd like to get it repaired but don't really know where to start or if it's going to be something I can afford to do. The bezel seems impossible to source from anywhere and without that it seems pointless even starting to sort it out.

Can anyone help me with what to do l or if it's worth me trying to restore it?

I don't know a lot about it but the numbers inside the case are

1665020 and a 9ct hallmark. There are also some hand enscribed numbers I can't work out.

The numbers on the movement are 565. And 25214954.

Can.anyone help me in identifying the watch Inc age etc and where to find.parts.for it? Also if anyone knows an approximate value once it's restored as I don't want to.spend hundreds of.pounds fixing it if it's only worth half of that. Not that I want to sell it but I can convince my wife it's OK to spend the money if it will be worth that once mended!!!

Thankyou

Re: Omega seamaster geneve

I've looked on the net and cat find a seamaster geneve! Even more perplexed now!

Can anyone perhaps tell me where I can get parts.from.and what parts.the watch is.missing? I think I.need to find hands and a new glass but not sure how the glass is held in place? Is there a bezel missing too? Thankyou

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Sorry can't tell what is missing. Do you have a pic of the dial/movement in situ?
    It may just need a crystal, look for a ledge for one to seat into.

Edit- it does in fact look like the bezel is missing. Very difficult to find a replacement, you may need to have one made.
    Last edited by bobbee; September 27th, 2014 at 21:13.

Looks like a one-piece case; should only need to get the right crystal (and possibly a reflector ring) to put it back together. Go to a watchmaker (a real one, not a strip-mall battery puller, and not an Omega AD); they should be able to tell you more.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Here's a pic of the movement in place. I can't see how the glass will stay in.place without something holding it? I really would like to try to source the parts myself if possible but I need some help finding out what to ask for!

Banned
    According to Accutronitis and his BFF I live in Berkshire, but really I live in Derbyshire

Looks like it should have a dial/movement split spring separator, crystal and crystal compression ring, plus if there is a lip on the outside rim (it looks like there is to me) it is missing it's bezel, as mentioned earlier.

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Looks like it should have a dial/movement split spring separator, crystal and crystal compression ring, plus if there is a lip on the outside rim (it looks like there is to me) it is missing it's bezel, as mentioned earlier.

Bob.
    Thankyou so much for your help. I can find all of the items except the bezel. It seems this is no longer available even from Omega. What are my options for getting one? Does.anyone fabricate them? Would one from a similar Omega fit mine?

The case is a Seamaster Deville case and is a front loader

Like this one
    Name:  IMG_1224_zps315850b2.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  65.6 KB

Bezel detail
    Name:  IMG_1225_zpsdbcefec3.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  53.9 KB

I hope this helps
    I don't think the dial and possibly the movement started out in that case, as far as I'm aware Omega never made a Geneve in a Seamaster case,.

Matt
    bobbee likes this.
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information