Omega Seamster Cosmic 2000
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mkws
  • 1 Post By mkws
  • 1 Post By pithy

Thread: Omega Seamster Cosmic 2000

Omega Seamster Cosmic 2000

Recently acquired and just managed to open it.
    Name:  forum-11.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  627.6 KB

Have two questions:

One: What is the opinion on the dial? Get it redialed or leave as is? The varnish has peeled in places and there are two scratches between 1 and 2. On the one hand I quite like the yellow patina of the varnish but the scratches bug me.

The pendant tube is slightly loose. What glue is recommended to to stop it "waggling" and seal it?

Thanks

Re: Omega Seamster Cosmic 2000

Looks like ref. 166.0130. Well, at least that's the Cosmic 2000 with the same hour markers listed in the OVD. But that's just a guess, since I have no idea what case has your watch got, and thus- no idea about the reference number.
    Redial is the solution when everything else fails, and I therefore suggest getting a NOS dial.
    Looks like there is a dial for a Cosmic 2000 at Otto Frei's.
    Omega Dials Caliber 1010, 1011 & 1012
    The markers on your dial probably had a black strip in them once. Silver colour of the dial is also a match.
    It says in there that the dial fits case no. 166.0128, to fit calibre 1012. so if that's what your watch is, and if that's the movement it's got, maybe try to contact them in order to have a look at the dial before buying, so that you know if it's the same dial or not.
    As to the glue, I'm no watchmaker, but the words "glue" and "watch" don't get along well, not that I've heard of. My idea of fixing anything is WD40 and/or duct tape, and that's why I woudn't try to repair a watch myself- therefore, here I can't be of any more help.
    busmatt likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

The case is 166.130 and not 166.013. Had to use about 80psi compressed air to open it!
    I'll have a look on Otto Frei.

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have never said that it's 166.013. Yes, the number engraved on the caseback is 166.130 as it turns out, but if you type that into the Omega database, you'll get no results- with that type of Omega reference number, you've got to add a 0 before the next three digits of the number- hence the 166.0130. They use the same system with an additional 0 in the descriptions at Ofrei- it's just so that you can more easily match the parts with the models as listed in the Omega database.
    That's the 166.130: OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database

And this would be the 166.128 (or 166.0128, as the OVD has it)- you can see that the markers on this one don't have the black inlay, so I guess the dial at Ofrei will fit the 166.130, but then again, I'm not certain of that. Same calibre, but whether these cases use dials of the same size, I do not know. Maybe someone else will know more.OMEGA Watches: Vintage Watches Database
    busmatt likes this.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

Villains who twirl their moustaches are easy to spot. Those who clothe themselves in good deeds are well-camouflaged.
    Capt. Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothing View Post
    . . . . The pendant tube is slightly loose. What glue is recommended to to stop it "waggling" and seal it? . . . .
    Tubes are 10¢.

Splurge on a new one.

Have it installed with an interference fit.
    busmatt likes this.

Leave the dial get a new crystal and enjoy. the value to you and as a potential sale in the future would be greater with original dials.
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Thread Information