Omega SM
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Omega SM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Omega SM

Re: Omega SM

That link just takes us to the eBay main page. Try going to the item, then copy and paste the URL here.

Looks like a nice Seamaster to me, every thing seems just right for that model and the movement rotor shows no sign of scuffing from touching the case back, there is some colour mismatch in the movement but this could be from an old service, seller has good feedback which is also a good thing.

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Vintage Omega Seamaster 166 032 and 168 023 Gold Plate SS Case 752 Movement | eBay

sorry about that.

Yeah i think this looks like a pretty good buy other than the fact that the crystal has been changed...

Nice, but the rotor has the wrong plating. You can see how it is different from the plating on the rest of the movement. That said, I believe the movement to have been frankenized.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

I don't think it's been frankenized, for one it's all Omega so it might be a marriage.
    Plating looks ok to me, seems like a trick of the light. Only the upper part of the rotor should be plated and I believe it is.
    The rotor is the correct one for this movement. Maybe they replaced it with another from a donor movement.
    This happens a lot because an original rotor would cost you $390.
    busmatt and Addictedtowatches like this.

So, we're looking at a watch that is c:40 years old and you expect all the pieces to be original? Let's look at things logically, you got this watch new and at one of it's services you need a new rotor, is it likely to come from the same batch as the original one? No, it was probably made several years later, watches are mechanical engines and like all engines bit's get replaced.

Matt
    Addictedtowatches likes this.
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

The problem with changed parts arise only when they are compatible but still wrong.
    For example when chronometer graded movement gets non chronometer part. This happens with Constellations
    busmatt likes this.
    Chaos is my focus

Definitely agree on the part that this looks like a good piece to me, and if the price stays that way it is definitely a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by laikrodukas View Post
    The problem with changed parts arise only when they are compatible but still wrong.
    For example when chronometer graded movement gets non chronometer part. This happens with Constellations
    busmatt likes this.

I don't get one thing. Different colours of plating in an Omega movement were until this point considered something undesirable as tell-tale signs that a watch has been tampered with. And now, out of a sudden, it becomes all well and good. Surprising change of views, isn't it? Where's the logic gone?
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast