Which are Omegas most desirable calibres and models from their Vintage collection? Pre 1980s
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By joeuk
  • 1 Post By trim
  • 1 Post By dogen
  • 1 Post By joeuk

Thread: Which are Omegas most desirable calibres and models from their Vintage collection? Pre 1980s

Which are Omegas most desirable calibres and models from their Vintage collection? Pre 1980s

Hi all,

I would like to collect Omega watches in the future and focus only on one brand.

I need some thoughts on which are the most desirable Omega calibres from pre-1980 period.

Also guidance on what Omega vintage models to look out for will be appreciated. Intention behind this is both love of collecting watches and long term investment.

Thank you!!!

Re: Which are Omegas most desirable calibres and models from their Vintage collection? Pre 1980s

A cal 30t2 link for you Omega 1894 Homage & 1945 Cal. 30T2SCrg . Then a cal 564/565 find them in a few types ie connies. I own a 600 cal and these were built to last, its a manual wind so nothing much goes wrong. Then they is the 321 from a premoon speedy and if looking at something really different in a movement the F300 hummer.
    yourronny79 likes this.

Re: Which are Omegas most desirable calibres and models from their Vintage collection? Pre 1980s

Gotta agree with Joe that the 30T2SCRG chronometers are amongst the most desirable of vintage
    Omegas.
    So desirable in fact, that I can't afford one.
    I'm waiting for the day that I pull one out of a junk box at a car boot sale.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

let's not forget the 321, the 1041, the 1045, the family of the bumper movements 33x-35x, the cal 505, the cal 551, the cal 561, the cal 564 and the cal 751 found in the constellations
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

I really like the 1045 movement, which is a straight-across Lemania 5100. Unfortunately, Omega put them in pretty funky-looking cases...
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonDan View Post
    Unfortunately, Omega put them in pretty funky-looking cases...
    You say that like its a bad thing? Funk

It's easy

you can copy my omega collection then you have all what you want :P:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/dog...ra-755688.html

best Dogen
    Last edited by dogen; December 6th, 2012 at 07:21.
    yourronny79 likes this.

Dogen nobody could manage to compete with your collection, and what a great collection.
    NT931 likes this.

I think it's still a good time to start to collect Omegas. The prices are the same like 5 years ago and still some nice pieces are available.
    To collect Heuer's or Rolex it's a little bit late. Even for Enicars I think it's to late.

Specially the pre moon Speedys or the Ploprof have still a good price.

Best Dogen

Thread Information