Once Again I Ask For Advice... Roamer Military Watch

Thread: Once Again I Ask For Advice... Roamer Military Watch

Once Again I Ask For Advice... Roamer Military Watch

Hi All,

I have come back once more to you fine people for advice!

Some of you may remember my first thread on this forum where I asked about vintage watches. I said that I was interested in the military kind, but had no idea what I was doing. I have since bought several Russian (the guys in the russian forum are also awesome) watches off ebay, though none of them have been military watches. I still want a good Swiss vintage military watch.

Then I happened across this today! It is pretty much what I had in my head the whole time when I wanted my first vintage. The seller says it is not NOS, but has been repaired using parts from other Roamers of the same model.

I love it, but am wondering if $175 is a little too expensive...... thoughts?

Re: Once Again I Ask For Advice... Roamer Military Watch

So at best, it's a military issue case with a mismatch of Anfibo parts, including the wrong hands, from the mid 70's? Other then the RA number, is there any other provenance provided? You're paying for the story, not the watch, and if there's no story attached to the watch, its just a placeholder in time. An interesting time, to be sure, but only you can say if its interesting enough to warrant $175.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Thanks for your reply.

I passed on it. I got a very terse email from the seller saying that he matched the best case with the best dial and if I did not like it then I should not buy it!

Shocking bed side manner.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NoLeftTurn View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

I passed on it. I got a very terse email from the seller saying that he matched the best case with the best dial and if I did not like it then I should not buy it!

Shocking bed side manner.
    absolutely. If he can not justify what he sells or respond politely I would never buy it It's a marriage watch watch anyway so two Good reasons to walk.
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Thread Information