Which one of you [mod deletion] outbid me on this Five I'Clock Tissot?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Which one of you [mod deletion] outbid me on this Five I'Clock Tissot?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which one of you [mod deletion] outbid me on this Five I'Clock Tissot?

I was the only bidder on eBay on this watch till the final five seconds. I hate it when that happens.

A novelty Tissot showing it's always five o'clock somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Eeeb; November 22nd, 2013 at 17:31. Reason: didn't want the thread to live forever with original title

Inactive

Re: Which one of you [email protected]$$'s outbid me on this Five I'Clock Tissot?

Quote Originally Posted by paulmlemay View Post
    A novelty Tissot showing it's always five o'clock somewhere.
    what a stupid concept

You should have put a max bid (absolute max you would pay) in right at the start to (potentially) cover it if someone did try and snatch it at the last minute.

till the final five....
    The watch was trying to tell you something
    Last edited by watchma; November 21st, 2013 at 23:23.
    Emre likes this.

Re: Which one of you [email protected]$$'s outbid me on this Five I'Clock Tissot?

The auction started at $49. I bid $71.
    Naturally it sold for $72.

I didn't bid higher because I am a noob and don't know if it's interesting, rare or just silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    current collection: Omega Seamaster Deville 14k, Vintage Omega Constellation Pie Pan, Seiko Lord Marvel, Stowa Marine Automatic

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

Fair enough , bit of a PITA then when you've took reasonable precautions.

But anyway there'll be another most likely, and if you didn't want to spend more than $71 then it ultimately wasn't for you, there's always another ... :)

Most likely, paulmlemay, you were outbid by a sniper service. Most times when a bid happens in the final 5 to 7 seconds, it is done with a sniper service. If you try to hit the bid and go through the couple of screens yourself, you probably won't make it.

Most of these services offer free trials and are reliable. Do a google search, I personally use Auction Sniper, you get three free snipes to try it out and you don't get a deduction unless you win the auction.
    bspargo likes this.
    Have Discovered Vintage Pocket Watches!

BTW, paulmlemay, take heart, you DID make the winner pay an extra $70+ dollars for it. : )
    Have Discovered Vintage Pocket Watches!

Quote Originally Posted by watchma View Post
    The watch was trying to tell you something
    agree +5

Quote Originally Posted by bundtrock View Post
    Most likely, paulmlemay, you were outbid by a sniper service. Most times when a bid happens in the final 5 to 7 seconds, it is done with a sniper service. If you try to hit the bid and go through the couple of screens yourself, you probably won't make it.

Most of these services offer free trials and are reliable. Do a google search, I personally use Auction Sniper, you get three free snipes to try it out and you don't get a deduction unless you win the auction.
    +1 on sniping.

I've gotten into the auction frenzy and allowed myself to be bid up to way more than I really wanted to pay for items. Plus, by bidding long before the close, you make it easier for others to outbid you. You'll sometime see an auction where somebody keeps bidding in $5 increments till they top another bidder*. Don't be that guy, because then everyone knows they only have to top that by $5 and they'll win.

What I do is decide the maximum I'm willing to pay for a particular piece, set up a snipe (I use esnipe) for -4 seconds, and forget about it. You get it, or you don't. If you don't, just remember that there will probably be another one along sometime soon.

Oh, and remember - the guy who outbids you may have actually bid a hundred dollars over your bid. Don't tell yourself, "If I'd only bid $2 higher, I'd have gotten it!" I still have to remind myself about that!

*This is also the pattern of the shill bidder, but generally only if there's a retraction of the last bid, and only bids with a few sellers.
    Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent - Pogo

My Elgin Blog...

Question: is this sort of watch will all 5's unusual, interesting, or just silly.
    What's your opinion?

In my imagination it belonged to a jokester in the 60's who enjoyed a cocktail.

A number of brands offered watches with all 5's so it sure was a theam back in the day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information