Only been collecting WATCHES for 3 yrs.the different ways to find vintage WATCHES cheap!
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Only been collecting WATCHES for 3 yrs.the different ways to find vintage WATCHES cheap!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I love watches! I am have been collecting for 3 years now and since I can't afford to spend a lot on watches I have thought of ways to get them cheap. I go to flea markets, estate sales, public auctions, I put up fliers in laundromat and any place that has a public bulletin board. I placed an add in the paper asking for vintage WATCHES to people looking for extra x-mas cash and got this fish on the line today. Very nice condition. Has 1570 movement 62510H bracelet with 574 end links. Checked and verified 14k gold bezel and bracelet but want to know if dial looks ok? And please let me know if you have any other ways to get vintage watches. Or what extent you have gone to get a watch. On a couple occasions I have slept all night in my truck to be first in line at an estate sale to get a watch that I want. Thank you for your input. And sorry for bad pics but only have my camera phone!Name:  1543712518967668483321_1543712636307.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  1.18 MBName:  1543712518967668483321_1543712636307.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  1.18 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Casey Watson; December 2nd, 2018 at 03:15.

Re: Only been collecting WATCHES for 3 yrs.the different ways to find vintage WATCHES cheap!

I love your enthusiasm, but with all due respect, it's pointless to post terrible photos and then apologize for them. Most of us use our phones for our watch photos, and they are perfectly adequate because they are clear and focused. You need to learn how to focus on the watch.

My gut feeling is that the dial looks ok, although possible a service dial. I have a feeling that the watch has some condition issues, but I'll refrain from commenting without better photos.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

I paid 1k for the watch. Do you think I over paid?. If you can tell from these pics. The last pic is as good as it gets from my phone. And with all due respect dan I need to get a better phone not brush up on my photo skills . I was apologizing for my cheap phone limits not my photo skills.
    Last edited by Casey Watson; December 2nd, 2018 at 03:06.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Only been collecting WATCHES for 3 yrs.the different ways to find vintage WATCHES cheap!

The last photo is fine, I was referring to the others being out of focus. 1K in what currency?

1000.00 dollars. U.S.

Very good price, even if there are some minor issues.

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

Your phone appears to be able to produce decent if not outstanding photos but most of the ones that you’ve posted are just badly out of focus so I think your phone is just fine.

Most of the time I will shoot at least half a dozen shots of each view I want, moving the phone each time. Sometimes you’ll hit lucky and one will be nicely in focus. If not try again. Digital photos are free, it costs nothing but time to take them and delete them.
    badbackdan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Watson View Post
    I paid 1k for the watch. Do you think I over paid?. If you can tell from these pics. The last pic is as good as it gets from my phone. And with all due respect dan I need to get a better phone not brush up on my photo skills . I was apologizing for my cheap phone limits not my photo skills.
    Sorry, a large percentage of the images shown here had been taken with a phone and most of them look good. If you really should have a phone producing such crappy pictures, get a new one before you spend 1K for a used Rolex. If you are satisfied with the images, you have to be satisfied that they can never serve you to ask the questions you have put forward and expect sensible answers. But I am convinced, that even the very first generation and the cheapest models can do better than that. Give it a try!

I am impressed by your enthusiasm, especially to sleep in a truck to be the first in line at an estate sale. I sleep at home and look around at eBay, or go to auctions, where I can be the last one entering the room - I just have to hold up my number long enough to get the watch I urgently want. Admittedly, that doesn't give me the cheapest deals, but a lot of time for other things to do. And then, after decades of collecting, it's about time to think the other way around and let people stand in line at your own garage sale...
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; December 2nd, 2018 at 09:23.

[QUOTE=Border-Reiver;47590119]
    I paid 1k for the watch. Do you think I over paid?. If you can tell from these pics. The last pic is as good as it gets from my phone. And with all due respect dan I need to get a better phone not brush up on my photo skills . I was apologizing for my cheap phone limits not my photo skills.[/QUOTE Sorry, a large percentage of the images shown here had been taken with a phone and most of them look good. If you really should have a phone producing such crappy pictures, get a new one before you spend 1K for a used Rolex. If you are satisfied with the images, you have to be satisfied that they can never serve you to ask the questions you have put forward and expect sensible answers. But I am convinced, that even the very first generation and the cheapest models can do better than that. Give it a try!

I am impressed by your enthusiasm, especially to sleep in a truck to be the first in line at an estate sale. I sleep at home and look around at eBay, or go to auctions, where I can be the last one entering the room - I just have to hold up my number long enough to get the watch I urgently want. Admittedly, that doesn't give me the cheapest deals, but a lot of time for other things to do. And then, after decades of collecting, it's about time to think the other way around and let people stand in line at your own garage sale...
    i enjoy the hunt aa much as anything. It helps keep me young. The feeling you get when you find an old or rare watch and i have some mice ones you will never get from walking into a room late and lifting your paddle but hey to each his own.
    Last edited by Casey Watson; December 2nd, 2018 at 12:11.
    SunnyOrange and OhDark30 like this.

On a couple occasions I have slept all night in my truck to be first in line at an estate sale to get a watch that I want. Thank you for your input. And sorry for bad pics but only have my camera phone!
    i enjoy the hunt aa much as anything. It helps keep me young. The feeling you get when you find an old or rare watch and i have some mice ones you will never get from walking into a room late and lifting your paddle but hey to each his own.
    I can imagine the whole scene and the feeling, it's quite interesting, all the passion you have for this hobby!
    -- Mimi --

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information