Opinions on this Eterna Bumper, please.

Thread: Opinions on this Eterna Bumper, please.

Opinions on this Eterna Bumper, please.

Honest opinions, please--what do you think of this Eterna bumper, inside and out? The serial number puts it at around 1948, just as the Eterna-Matics were making a splash. I'm not wholly confident that the case back is original. Also, I'm not sure what to think about the seller--I think I've seen this and other of their watches listed for several hundred dollars; I'm not sure why the seller would be putting them up for auction all of the sudden.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNA-Auto...AAAOSwc6ZcQ0er

Re: Opinions on this Eterna Bumper, please.

The watch looks OK. As far as the seller goes, I've heard of him before. He's usually overpricing the watches quite badly, has a long history of selling redials, and it looks like he does the Calatrava Houdini.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

It's a pretty watch, but the case is not great. From certain angles I'm seeing a lot of brassing, and obviously it has been heavily polished. That would be my main concern. But if that doesn't bother you, then go ahead and place your bids.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bought a watch from this seller and while the shipping was painfully slow, the watch eventually arrived in the condition as shown in the photos and was original. I ended up returning it when I noticed that the minute hand had been relumed - something I missed in the photos. That said, it was clearly an old re-lume job using tritium and it looked remarkably similar to the radium, so the seller himself may have missed it. I paid a premium for the watch so I wasn't willing it keep it. When I mentioned this to the seller, he offered a partial refund or a return. I opted for the return.

So my experience with this seller was positive overall. I believe he lists these watches at a premium and when/if they don't sell after a period of time, he switches over to auction format. I'm guessing he picks these up relatively cheaply and makes a good bit selling into the Western European and US market.

For what it's worth, I would buy from him again. Just review the photos carefully and know that shipping will take about a month to the US.

When I was looking into his legitimacy as a seller, I managed to track down his Instagram page (in case you're interested or you spot any red flags): https://www.instagram.com/eantiquess...watches/?hl=bn

Thread Information