WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

ORIS/SIRO Watches

14K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Eeeb 
#1 · (Edited)
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Metal Steel

Metal Close-up Table Silver Silver
I recently aquired these three Siro watches as a lot, couldn't find much about them until I removed the backs to find all the movements signed OWC and the small ladies case back signed ORIS WATCH COMPANY.

Does anyone have any information on the company and specifically this type of watch regards age etc, I guess 1940's?
the 'Dennison' type one runs for about 5-6 hours and the ladies (which needs a clean) is still running after 9 hours, the other 'military' lumed dial Gents does not run,I think the balance spring has gone.

As a newbie I am still learning but guess they are all pin/lever movements and not too valuable, but they look nice and are in vgc in fact considering their age I think other 'better' makers could learn a thing or two especially in terms of dial finishing as these are almost mint.

Thhe movements on both the gents are signed OWC CAL 296 SWISS MADE and the ladies is signed CAL 361 SWISS MADE but no OWC mark, this one appears to have at least 2 jewels.the other two perhaps just the one.

See less See more
#8 ·
Update on these, the 'Dennison' watch now runs for a good 12 hours plus, it wouldn't run right and when you wound it up it just kept winding and winding without ever getting 'tight' almost like the spring inside was slipping against itself?

Anyway I decided to put the balance into the 'military' style round faced watch as this wound up ok...however the balance cocks are very, very slightly different and no matter what I did the wheel would not run when the cock was tightened down!
So instead I put it back into the Dennison cased watch and took the good mainspring out of the military watch and put it into the Dennison cased one....result I now have one out of the two that not only works but keeps fairly good time!

This is the first real bit of watch fixing I have done and it's been a success, to say I am happy is an understatment!

Attachments

#9 ·
Congratulations. And thanks for sharing with us!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.