PARAT Movement Info Needed

Thread: PARAT Movement Info Needed

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

PARAT Movement Info Needed

I was looking at a watch the other morning and was undecided about purchasing. The watch in question is a 1950's PARAT. Below is a picture of the movement. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the movement pictured below. The watch dial has no other markings other then PARAT. I know the movement picture is not much to go by, but it is all I have.

“Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

Re: PARAT Movement Info Needed

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuelgoldstein View Post
    I was looking at a watch the other morning and was undecided about purchasing. The watch in question is a 1950's PARAT. Below is a picture of the movement. I was wondering if anyone had any information on the movement pictured below. The watch dial has no other markings other then PARAT. I know the movement picture is not much to go by, but it is all I have.
    This thread contains a tidbit on Parat watches but nothing on the movement.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=108623

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    This thread contains a tidbit on Parat watches but nothing on the movement.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=108623
    Thanks, I saw that link already. PARAT was the first German watch cooperative created in 1949 mainly thanks to the efforts of Philipp Weber to expand on the post. I am assuming perhaps Durowe movements were used, but I really have no clue and am guessing. Probably horribly at that. However, thank you for the help. It's much appreciated.
    Last edited by emmanuelgoldstein; June 21st, 2010 at 21:51.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Quote Originally Posted by emmanuelgoldstein View Post
    Thanks, I saw that link already. PARAT was the first German watch cooperative created in 1949 mainly thanks to the efforts of Philipp Weber to expand on the post. I am assuming perhaps Durowe movements were used, but I really have no clue and am guessing. Probably horribly at that. However, thank you for the help. It's much appreciated.
    Parat used a variety of watch movements - I have two, one a ladies' watch, both with OSCO (Otto Schlund & Co) movements. however, the one you have or are interested in has an ETA movement, something in the 2452 family:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...2uswk&ETA_2452

I have an ETA 2472 in a Provita from ca. 1965. Very efficient, space saving movement.

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    Parat used a variety of watch movements - I have two, one a ladies' watch, both with OSCO (Otto Schlund & Co) movements. however, the one you have or are interested in has an ETA movement, something in the 2452 family:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...2uswk&ETA_2452

I have an ETA 2472 in a Provita from ca. 1965. Very efficient, space saving movement.

Hartmut Richter
    Danke, Herr Richter.

As I said my guess was horribly incorrect.

-- John Maynard Keynes

Thread Information