WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Parts help for Eterna 52 cal. alarm pocket watch please.

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  HOROLOGIST007 
#1 ·
Hi all, I'm trying to bring a few watches up to a good standard while I care-take them ;) as well as put spare parts together for them to go into the future with.
I'm looking for anyone with spare bits they don't have need of or want, & that is willing to sell them to me for both the 51 cal. & the 52 cal. SFC/Eterna pocket alarm watches.
Or hints on where to look other than Ebay. Always watching there :)
Any input on parts common to other models also welcome too..... etc. etc. need your knowledge ;)
I really need a 52 cal. winding stem for one as you can see from the pics. the locating tip is broken off this one. & yes it's inside the movement at present :(
If there's a better place to ask this question please let me know also as I haven't got to know all the areas of this forum yet either ;)

Thanks for looking..........Paul.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Dr. Ranfft now puts the Bestfit part number(??) for stems on his movement website.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Eeeb, I'm still not very good finding things on his site either yet, but I couldn't find either of these or the Thiel alarm pocket watch I just rescued to save.
I beleive from the research I've done the SFC 51 cal. 20 " ' I have now is around the 1908 mark, it's the second generation of these pocket watch alarms. Long story with these, so I'll leave that for a separate thread when I have time to share these two special alarms with you.
The Eterna 52 cal. 18 " ' one I have & ones like it(ie..."Brooks Brothers Eterna, earlier post on here),....... https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/brooks-brothers-eterna-pocket-watch-369079.html
......are third generation of these & are a smaller over-all dia. when put next to first & second generation 51 cal.s. I can only go by what I've found so far with my research & a lot of that I've had to translated from German sites & forums into English, so open to change with more information being found ;)
I think I'm going to be looking for quite a while for parts, I nearly bid on a half finished one on ebay the other week, but the seller had done a lot of work on it & all it needed was a bridge & balance to finish it, so it wasn't right for me to get it to pull apart. I hope the new owner of that one had the parts to finish it off ;) because that had the winder shaft :)
If anyone is interested there's a lot of good input on this site(hope this is OK), there's a translate choice when it comes up if you google it ;)
www.schild-eterna.de/wecker.htm

#4 ·
Any watchmaker with a lathe can reproduce a stem. Knowing the setup and teardown time and the hourly rate plus a premium for 'unusual work', I suspect it is a $100-$200 job... plus the price of a normal service.

I rarely buy non-working pieces anymore. It's just not economical unless you are dealing with the watches Adam buys LOL

#6 ·
Any watchmaker with a lathe can reproduce a stem. Knowing the setup and teardown time and the hourly rate plus a premium for 'unusual work', I suspect it is a $100-$200 job... plus the price of a normal service.

I rarely buy non-working pieces anymore. It's just not economical unless you are dealing with the watches Adam buys LOL
Ha Ha
I rarely if never buy non-working pieces.
Two reasons
It un - economical' and worse finding someone you can trust with a mint condition rare piece?

I have not bought any ultra great pcs since Mr Hardy stopped selling to me. You can not trust most sellers on a $5000 vintage piece.

#5 ·
:) I'm looking for a "new friend" ;) at the moment close to where I am with skills, tools & love of old pocket watches..... & lots of spare parts :) :)
I know what you mean though. I think some are worth grabbing & putting safe even if you don't fix them straight away though too, just history/story wise ;)

These two of three brothers are worth it I think............just a teaser pic............

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.